Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BidoofdudeProductions Presents: TF Generations

Default Bidoofdude Presents: Transformers Chronicles

I've started working on a stop motion project called Transformers: Generations, based on the current toyline, set somewhere before the events of MTMTE Part 1 in the Sunbow G1 cartoon. I've done a few tests, which I've posted in the Action Pose thread, but since I'm going to be adding more and more videos, I decided to make a thread.

This is the thread for Transformers: Chronicles Stop Motion Series. See update below for more info on its rebranding.

Series Synopsis:
    Many years before leaving the surface of Cybertron to pursue a new source of energy, the valiant Autobots, a small group of peace-loving robots, warred with the power hungry Decepticons over their planet’s remaining energy and resources. They eventually brought their struggle 4 million years into the future on the planet Earth. These are their stories previously missing from their chronology.

Here's some sample footage thrown together for stop motion practice:
    http://youtu.be/YlZbcD7Y6tE

As you can perhaps tell, I've improved upon my stop motion skills quite a bit, upgrading to full 1080p with better FPS. It looks a little Terminator 1 esque in movement (unintentionally), but I kind of like it.

Credit to TFCog for the sound effects.

UPDATE: After some thinking after the huge hiatus I've had due to school stuff, I've decided to focus less on a linear based story and more of a chronicle-style group of stories to fill in the gaps of the G1 cartoon universe, in a sort of rebranding. It may be a bit retcon-like (which some probably wouldn't like), but I think it's easy and cooler to make some stories out of the things missing, rather than try and make my own good storyline (which is very hard to do well). Hopefully expect a teaser for not necessarily the first episode (maybe or maybe not) as an example. I may end up using the large amount of footage I took for the first episode or not, depending on how it looks compared to what I will film in the Christmas holidays, but I'll likely upload it as an example without voices anyway. The shots I've been taking lately have been a lot sharper and will help me to shoot for a new height.

Expect hopefully good things to come, but no guarantees. I will try to use these holidays to the best of my advantage to make Transformers Chronicles a success.

Scrapped footage #1: https://youtu.be/SIrDZxolhHQ

*and if I could get the thread name changed, that would be sweet (but not too important)*

Last edited by Bidoofdude; 4th January 2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Not bad. You have more patience than me. Looking forward to seeing more😄

Looking good so far dude. Can't wait to see more
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Great teaser! My hat's off to you, that takes a lot of work and patience, even just a short like that. Looking forward to seeing more!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Great teaser! My hat's off to you, that takes a lot of work and patience, even just a short like that. Looking forward to seeing more!
    The work can be a little frustrating (accidentally kicked over the camera a few times), but seeing everything you worked for create a smooth and coherent animation, it makes you feel good.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Well done man! - A lot of time, patience and expletives no doubt went into making that, so much effort required just for 10 seconds of footage, especially if you wanted to do it at 25fps!

You seem to have much more patience then me. It took me almost 300 photos to do a 2 minute movie, which I haven't even finished editing yet

Worth a subscription

I've been busy the past weekend, so progress on the first episode could take longer. I've created a timeline/plan for the series so far and I think it'll pan out alright. Stay tuned. Thanks for the (little) support that I have.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Megatran Guest

Keep it coming B'dude.

Updated first post with some voice auditions.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust