Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: BC12 panel - Hasbro products

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Voyager
    Soundwave w/ Laserbeak (on display)
    Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw (redeco of above)
    (each bird is a "data disk" that can be launched out of Soundwave's chest, and auto-converts when they hit something - each bot can hold 3 data disks)

(yes, three... so, why are there only two listed above...)

Legends
    Rumble (blue) & Ravage
    Ratbat & Frenzy (red)
    (each 2-pack comes with a plastic case for storage in disk mode)
    And right there you have answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    The show accurate TF:Prime Zombie-Cliffjumper looks amazing too; 1st edition ,old but again another SDCC exclusive - Somehow I don't see this figure having the same issues as last years SDCC Deluxe Prime in terms of being relegated to the Hasbro Online store and still not moving particularly well.
    I totally agree, the cliffjumper looks amazing!! just wich I coiuld figure out a way of getting hold of it without paying off a scalper.

My wallet is whimpering in anticipation at the moment. I like the look of soo much of this stuff.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    I feel the need to add a little on to what Kup has to say:

I could follow hasbro's first argument here if the whole lot of FOC generations had a more fluro aesthetic. If Optimus Prime had a more vivid red and electric blue scheme would that not help him sell better to parents and children as well? I think whoever is responsible for the colour choice we're getting must be quite concerned with the sales results of these figure to want to hit them with inaccurate day-glo colours in order to make them sell well.
    In the end it comes down to what retailers want... and retailers have no interest in long-term brand support - they just want short-term product that they think they can sell within 3-6 months. The brand owners are stuck balancing the desire to have a long-term, successful story/series, with short-term wave/assortment demands of their customers (the retailers).
    Throw into the mix, including/sneaking in as many nods to the fans that they can get away with and still be able to appease Retailers - they don't always end up with a good balance, but must be doing enough right to still be going year after year... for 28 years.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    And right there you have answered your own question.
    It was actually meant to lead into the answer, not sound like I didn't know... because that was how Hasbro did it in the presentation.
    I just wasn't able to pull it off like they did...

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    I feel the need to add a little on to what Kup has to say:

I could follow hasbro's first argument here if the whole lot of FOC generations had a more fluro aesthetic. If Optimus Prime had a more vivid red and electric blue scheme would that not help him sell better to parents and children as well? I think whoever is responsible for the colour choice we're getting must be quite concerned with the sales results of these figure to want to hit them with inaccurate day-glo colours in order to make them sell well.
    I think they are just pandering to Store demands again. Remember that they are not selling toys to us or kids but the stores.

With so many US collectors buying Japanese figures I wonder if there'd be a TakaraTomy panel at BotCon in future? I'm interested to see the new Japanese repaints/new head figures mentioned in Singapore (or at least get reports from people seeing the slides).

Argh! - I've got to stop looking at those Soundwave photos!

I want it now! ; with it's better realised WFC/FoC design aesthetic, Voyager class size & Data-Disk Minion launching gimmick (Of which the minions transform in mid-air and come in Energon Cube-esque canisters )...
    I think I'm going to go loopy by the time this hits the shelves!
    (So too with the Twin Minion Packs to coincide with his release )