• Only if something else

0 0%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Not even interested.

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - WFC Siege Deluxe Ironhide

Any chance of a side-by-side comparison pic with Universe/Henkei Ironhide please?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Any chance of a side-by-side comparison pic with Universe/Henkei Ironhide please?
    Here's an image from TCCA on facebook, hope this is what you were looking for.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Stand up straight soldier. Tuck that gut in!

About time we got a good, solid Ironhide toy.

Everything's sweet on my copy, tabs in perfect and straight.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Here's an image from TCCA on facebook, hope this is what you were looking for.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Stand up straight soldier. Tuck that gut in!
    He’s an old man, leave him alone!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I quite like this figure.

It's large, and I love the torso twist in the transformation. That and the leg panels (which thank the Maker hold fine on mine) add a bit of spice to what is a straightfoward transformation.

It looks like it stepped out of a computer game or off the page of a comic book, but in a good way.

I'm left with mixed feels on the paint on this figure. I really love it on the weapon, where it is reasonably uniformly applied and looks great. It looks stupid on the feet, and I'd have preferred that that paint budget would have gone to the wheels.

I also really appreciate that this isn't just an Earth van with a bit of Cybertronian greebling in the way that WFCS Optimus Prime, Hound and Sideswipe are essentially Earth vehicles with some bits attached. It has the mass and solidity of the van but is quite sleek and compact.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I like this figure. The driver's section on the alt. mode (chest section on robot mode) reminds me of TR Kup but because this is Ironhide, Kup has nothing on this one.

Love how the rocket launcher turns into a war hammer and that it has more than one grip but the problem is blocked articulation prevents him from wielding the hammer as a two-handed weapon.

Fan-moded a Diaclone mode for this guy. Just remove the head (involves unscrewing the torso, do NOT attempt to pull it off) and swapped the fists around.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Finally got a look at this toy today. It's a nice figure but not sure if it's my thing. Siege Ironhide is elegant in its simplicity as opposed to Henkei Ironhide being an incredibly fiddly toy to transform. The head sculpt on Siege Ironhide is also gorgeous. I prefer Henkei Ironhide in terms of it being a more ambitious figure, but I appreciate Siege Ironhide in terms of just giving us a more straightforward and player-friendly figure. The gap in Siege Ironhide's vehicle is somewhat unsightly and I think it would've worked better with a shorter rifle (or at least allow the gun to split up into 2 smaller ones). The try-hard battle damage does nothing for me but it reminds me of the battle damage on Sixgun which should be easily removable (I haven't my Sixgun's yet)