Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

Megatran Guest

Default Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

Don't believe there is a feedback thread for HLJ so I'm starting one.

I'm finding the online site a bit frustrating to browse / navigate. There's a Search tool bar, but no Transformers category or sub-categories to click onto (BBTS, RK, ehobbybaseshop, TFSource all have this function). So it's ok if you know exactly what you're looking for, but frustrating if you just want to browse.

I agree, their search method could definitely use an overhaul. Apart from said browsing issue, i've had no dramas

PS: Any chance of attaching a poll to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

PS: Any chance of attaching a poll to this thread?
    Your wish is my command...

Much obliged , good sir

I've gotten Transformers from HLJ for 10+ years; their prices never exceed RRP and I find their service to be consistently reliable - never had a problem with them. But I do agree that their search engine is bollocks. I find it easier to search stuff by using Google than their actual site engine.

I know I've shopped with HobbyLink Japan since at least 2002. Combining orders is less insane than it used to be due to a Pile-Of-Loot-like feature called Private Warehouse that they started in 2012, which means you can combine shipping within sixty days of the first item coming into stock. HLJ has a lot more competition than it did a decade ago, but it's still a great option when they have what you want and unlike some other outlets, they never 'scalp' popular items - you'll always pay the right price.

I lucked out. I had a Super Pochaco Magic Show figure in my Private Warehouse for ages which was coming close to the 60 day automatic shipping limit. The only other thing in there was my TF4 LA12 Stinger figure. My Super Pochaco Winter Version Figure was due this month but not showing up. At the 57 day mark she has arrived! So i get to ship the girls with probably a very happy Stinger off all together

It seems unlike BBTS when HLJ say a particular month they seem to actually mean it. Would have been really annoyed if had to get these items shipped seperately as all my other HLJ orders like MP UM and Generations Jetfire are not due until December.

Megatran Guest

Anyone able to provide input regarding reliability of their statement: Restock in 4-6 weeks.

I'm tempted to purchase an item but nervous of 4-6 weeks extending out to months & months.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Anyone able to provide input regarding reliability of their statement: Restock in 4-6 weeks.

I'm tempted to purchase an item but nervous of 4-6 weeks extending out to months & months.
    If you really want the item, go with another supplier. "4 to 6 weeks" is HobbyLinkJapanese for "I don't know." I've had items that were restocking in "4 to 6 weeks" that still hadn't restocked when I gave up and cancelled the order half a decade later. Amusingly, I remember one time they had an item that was solicited but cancelled and thus never ever actually produced sitting on the site for years saying it "Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks".

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I would say is quite reliable but if you urgently need it don't rely on it.

One bad point about hlj is no option to pay your preorder when our rates are good.

There is also no "email me when stock is in" which I believed they used to.