Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: USA Sightings

The price we buy toys here pretty much makes it nonviable.
    For a deluxe, we'd have to sell it at $30US just to break even.
    That's more than double what they normally pay.

That's the sad fact now... even the desperate wont pay our 'break even' prices, let alone trying to make a profit. I didn't get any interest last year, and at the prices I had to offload them at I still made a loss even at the US80/85c rate it was at last year.

I was thinking of buying some to take with me to show off (like last year), but I'm thinking by the time BotCon starts and FunPub are likely to have the latest Hasbro toys in stock (like previous years), it might be a waste of money on my part (it'd be less toys I buy at the cheaper US retail rate) and a waste of space in the luggage (for toys that other people could end up buying at the Con anyway).

It was good last year because we had such a lead on the Americans, so there was no chance the toys I took over were going to be there.

Youtube reviewer Peaugh has found Human Alliance Jazz on clearance for $8.24 in Target!

http://twitpic.com/4zc735

Any aussie fans in the US want to do me a favour?

Quote Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
    Youtube reviewer Peaugh has found Human Alliance Jazz on clearance for $8.24 in Target!

http://twitpic.com/4zc735

Any aussie fans in the US want to do me a favour?
    Ditto? pretty please?

I've seen very few stores with ROTF Human Alliance figures, and the ones that did only had the Black repaint of Sideswipe. (And one had a single battered Barricade which I purchased for myself ).

Toys R Us in NY have the third wave of Deluxes now (Laserbeak, Thundercracker, Nitro BB, Mudflap). Kmart had wave 2 Legions (BB and Mudflap, but not the others) and the Daredevil team (Deluxe BB repaint with Spike and Backfire repaint and Human/Autobot alliance patch for $20).

New York TRU prices
    $13 Deluxes
    $23 Voyagers
    $52 leader (on sale)

New York Kmart prices
    $13.50 Deluxes
    $22 Voyagers
    $8.80 Cyberverse plus
    $11 Human Alliance basics

Well Thundercracker and Laserbeak didn't last long. Went to get them today and they are gone. In their place wave 2 deluxes and beside them, the wave 2 Voyagers.

At TRU when I swiped my credit card it gave me a message saying in AUD that charge would be $X and did I want to be charged in AUD? Since the AUD price was less than the US price I pressed Yes!

Crazy. I've never seen that. Although I have to assume your bank would have given you a more favorable exchange rate than TRU.

Found this guys at a Wal Mart I went into today. No idea who any of them are. If there are some US exclusives out at the moment that any board members want please post a pic of it and I keep a look out. (I know nothing about anything G1 remember)

Ah also went into this shop in Utah and they had a few G1's for sale and plenty of other 80's toys. Note the Jetfire army! I made one purchase - posted in the appropriate thread