Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Shops - Potential TF Stockists

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Toy's 'n' stuff at Eaglemont station has closed. Went by yesterday while doing some hunting and all shut down. I didn't see a forwarding address & didn't ask the local shops where they went. Most of there stuff was pricey and the guy was not the best to deal with but his sister was. Not many of these stores left now.
    That's sad to hear. It was only a matter of time though - I remember dropping by that store a few years ago and there wasn't a soul in sight (besides the sister) anywhere. Very quiet area.

Online stores seem to be the way to go for small businesses like that these days

Can't say I'm sorry to see it gone.
    They used to sell KO's as the deal thing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Can't say I'm sorry to see it gone.
    They used to sell KO's as the deal thing all the time.
    Exactly.... I was going to say good riddance to bad rubbish...

His reasoning was "its impossible to make these toys, so they have to come from the factory, so they are all legitimate!!!"

But on the other side of the coin.... The not-daughters named after a star trek character.... And that's the only place I've got the 20 year old toy for her

I went to visit TRU Fountain Gate on the weekend and because this is a working class suburb it came as no surprise that they had no MPs stocked. I asked one of the staff to confirm.

Stores in Phillip Island? I'm going there for Christmas thought I might see whats there

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Stores in Phillip Island? I'm going there for Christmas thought I might see whats there
    Nope. I'm there a lot and there's nothing really. Some legions at Coles or Woolworths is about as much as you'll find. A (lengthy) drive off the island to Wonthaggi will find you a Target and Big W where sometimes some older stock can be found (and sometimes on clearance) but not on the Island.

However, nostalgia hat on, back in the 80s and early 90s the Cowes newsagent on the Main Street used to sell TFs. I got G1 Prowl there in the mid 80s and Motorvator Gripper there early 90s and possibly some others. It's the only place I recall seeing Jetfire, looking at it through the window one day while the store was closed. They stocked figures up at least until the G2 Autorollers. But now their "toys and games" section is very light on.

kinda directly related to TFs, but are there any model/hobby stores in Melbourne that sell display stands for Macross/Gundam ?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    kinda directly related to TFs, but are there any model/hobby stores in Melbourne that sell display stands for Macross/Gundam ?
    There's these guys in Carnegie: http://www.gundamuniverse.com.au/aboutus.asp
    I'm guessing they would have what you're looking for but I can't vouch for them specifically, as I only spoke to them at a convention a while back but didn't actually buy anything. I think they had some CW Devis at a good price a little while back too.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    In the CBD? There should be a few. Metro Hobbies, which is right near Flinders St Station, had a good number of Action Bases when I was in last Friday for example. What size and type of figure do you need them for?

If you're further east Bread, Metro Hobbies also have a store in Box Hill near the corner of Station St and Canterbury Road. Their figure stands are decently priced.