Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SDCC - 2012 - TF News

...Is that Emirate Xaaron's head they're using for Ruination?

I like the looks of a few of those. But I will probably only pick up most of them if they come locally. Otherwise I really like Blaster and Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    ...Is that Emirate Xaaron's head they're using for Ruination?
    Primus, it is - that's hilarious!

I'm definitely getting at least four fifths of the Wrecker Ruination - Whirl, Twin Twist, Topspin and Impactor are brilliant. Along with Blaster's 'cassettes' they're by far the high point of Hasbro's 'reveals'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Primus, it is - that's hilarious!

I'm definitely getting at least four fifths of the Wrecker Ruination - Whirl, Twin Twist, Topspin and Impactor are brilliant. Along with Blaster's 'cassettes' they're by far the high point of Hasbro's 'reveals'.
    Won't that mak it hard to form Ruination?

Even though I think they are a needless repaint I still think they look cool and will probably get all 5 Wreckers.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I like the looks of a few of those. But I will probably only pick up most of them if they come locally. Otherwise I really like Blaster and Grimlock.
    Blaster and Grimlock are the only ones worth getting IMO.

I like FoC Grimlock and the FE Cliffjumper remould.

IDW revealed the title of their previously-announced sequel to Autocracy.... Monstrocity.

It will be available initially via digital download. The series will make its debut in January 2013. The same creative team will be involved with Monstrosity with Chris Metzen and Flint Dille handling the story and Livio Ramondelli continuing with his beautiful and unique art style.
    The premise of the story, according to writer Flint Dille, is ... "Now that they have freedom, what do they do with it?"

Looks like it's official... after all the speculation with the obvious absence, Voyager Breakdown from TFPrime, is NOT going to be released by Hasbro in the foreseeable future.
    Actually, the source is unknown, as it is just being reported on Seibertron, without saying where or whom they got the info from.
    If true though, it is a strange move from Hasbro, and I'm surprised the question hasn't been asked, "why"?
    The character is pretty significant... with more screen time than Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Skyquake and Dreadwing so far. Not to mention a number of characters and redecoes that haven't even been in the show.
    It was also noted that the Gaia Unicron that we've seen glimpses of at JP toy shows in recent months, is also not planned for release by Hasbro.
    I think they will see a release eventually, even if it is as a store exclusive somewhere, but just in case, if you want either of these figures, the JP versions are your safest bet. Best to find a Breakdown before the prices really start to climb on this news.

From Activision, there are a few more clips from the Fall of Cybertron game, including one that announces that Dinobots and Insecticons will be available later (as DLC) in the Multiplayer environments.

From Mimoco, a second series of Transformers Mimobots (USB sticks) have been revealed. The first series was Optimus and Megatron (both Gen1), while the second series will feature Bumblebee and Starscream (also Gen1).
    Each will have up to 64Gb of memory!! (the ones in the photos only have 8, but maybe come in a variety of capacities) as well as installed bonus content like comics, videos, wallpapers, etc.

From Super7, who produce various licensed items, have bought a license to produce a number of retro (Gen1) Transformers merchandise. (a bit of a theme there, with all the Gen1 stuff instead of Movie or Prime stuff)
    Proposed items include drink glasses, t-shirts, vinyl figurines (like JP ones), art prints, and 2-foot (non-convertable?) figures/toys starting with Optimus and Soundwave. (that'd be about 60cm tall)
    Items are expected some time in 2013. (make the most of the "retro" stuff though, as Hasbro will be wanting just about everything to be Movie-themed in 2014)

And one of the scheduled presentations at SDCC this year - Larry King interviewing Peter Cullen (among other people).
    For those who don't know, Larry King is/was a fairly well known talk-show host in America, so was probably paid good money to have him interview certain guests at SDCC this year, as a guest himself.

Looks like Blaster and Grimlock are the standouts of the new toys, though as voyagers they'll be a chunk o cash.

Runination, I dunno.. Kinda could have been a good idea, but why do Hasbro always insist on using new crazy colours? I also wonder what the non photoshopped pics will look like.

Some of those Prime Dark energon Prime recolours are kinda clever, not that I collect Prime, but still credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Runination, I dunno.. Kinda could have been a good idea, but why do Hasbro always insist on using new crazy colours? I also wonder what the non photoshopped pics will look like.
    If the sales of the new crazy colours perform well then it opens up another option for them... ANOTHER REPAINT - CLASSICS EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like it's official... after all the speculation with the obvious absence, Voyager Breakdown from TFPrime, is NOT going to be released by Hasbro in the foreseeable future.
    Actually, the source is unknown, as it is just being reported on Seibertron, without saying where or whom they got the info from.
    If true though, it is a strange move from Hasbro, and I'm surprised the question hasn't been asked, "why"?
    The character is pretty significant... with more screen time than Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Skyquake and Dreadwing so far. Not to mention a number of characters and redecoes that haven't even been in the show.
    I might be wrong, but I'd hazard a guess that what they mean is 'No 2-eyes Breakdown' as has been released in Japan - they'll probably still do the Silas/eyepatch/whatever version at some point.
    That's just a guess mind you.