Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TakaraTomy Movie 5 toyline (spoilers?)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sorry... I should have noted that it was just my opinion.
    But saying that, aside from it having the good elements of heaps of accessories and a trailer, the gimmick and engineering made the robot mode a real mess to me.... being similar to the other gimmick Primes (1-step and Power Battler).
    Why do you need to state it is your opinion? Is there an official Transformers rating board that decide if a figure is good or not?

Has it now got to the point where people have to have opinions explained to them in case they don't agree and if they don't it isn't an opinion, it is an outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Why do you need to state it is your opinion? Is there an official Transformers rating board that decide if a figure is good or not?

Has it now got to the point where people have to have opinions explained to them in case they don't agree and if they don't it isn't an opinion, it is an outrage?
    Dude - Griffin was just being polite, it wasn't a big deal

I think the only reason he said it was his comment sounded a bit like a statement of fact rather than an opinion.

The Japanese exclusive Battle Command Optimus toy from 2014 (from TF4 toyline), is being reissued... which is really surprising, since it is a really bad toy.

It will see a re-release in April 2018 for 6,800yen.
    Anyways, I said I liked it so he was just clarifying that he was only offering an opinion in case, maybe, I was annoyed (which I wasn't as shown below)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I have that figure - I quite like it. Convertible trailer and tons of weapons
    Sorry... I should have noted that it was just my opinion.
    But saying that, aside from it having the good elements of heaps of accessories and a trailer, the gimmick and engineering made the robot mode a real mess to me.... being similar to the other gimmick Primes (1-step and Power Battler).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Oh t’wernt no skin off my nose - good luck finding any toy that every person likes

I just liked it personally due to all the weapons and the fact that all my different JP one-step changers, like Stinger, all illicited different sounds. Plus any Optimus that comes with a trailer gets a big tick from me

But yeah, it’s certainly not the pinnacle of toy engineering
    So it's all good on his end, it's all good on my end

Well, not an official one but I wrote a review of the toy 3 1/2 years ago HERE and the votes broke down that most people agreed with Griffin's assessment that no - its really not a good toy (even, as noted in the review, I had to admit that Optimus had too much of the shellformer going for him).

I understand your distress though. Griffin is the owner/operator of this site and I'm its member of the year. I guess when our opinions differ some people see it like when their parents fight - it can stress them out. I hope I have not caused undue emotional trauma to anyone for thinking it's not a bad figure

But yeah, not so much on this site but on lots of others it seems like you can't offer an opinion on anything these days, be it movie or toy, without someone cracking it that your point of view doesn't line up with theirs. It can be a pain. It's why i don't interact much on some of the FB TF groups and some of the US fan sites.

Well... I need to own up to it being a news post after all, which I really should keep free of my personal opinions, and post them up later in another post.... just so that it looks more professional to readers - otherwise I could end up ranting in every news posting. Because I know that I have opinions that some people don't agree with (it could put them off reading here), and even opinions that very few people agree with (I love Actionmasters... but don't tell anyone ).

Fair enough by all. I may have been reading news.com.au too much on that day.

A vague list of Movie toys for April has been found, with eight new Movie toys of older characters (unknown if they are new or old moulds), plus MPM-5 with no name.... which could be Barricade.

The next (and maybe the last) of the freebie weapons in Japan are a bronze axe and a pair of gold swords, for Leader Optimus and Leader Megatron.
    The axe will be free with purchases over 2000yen (about AU$23), from October 28th (while stocks last), and the two swords are free with purchases over 5000yen (about AU$58) from November 11th (again, while stocks last).

Despite the news of TakaraTomy looking to release all/most of their Transformers exactly like the Hasbro versions... and despite all the previous Movie toys released by Hasbro, being released in Japan without any changes to the toys or packaging... we are now going to see four TF5 Movie toys released in Japan in February, with altered/added decos.

But don't get too excited, as it is just the four Knight Armor toys - Optimus, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Megatron.

They finally spend some time and money to improve the deco of four Hasbro Movie toys, and it isn't any of the Premier (Collector) Edition toys.

The Japanese exclusive Battle Command Optimus toy from 2014 (from TF4 toyline), is being reissued.

It will see a re-release in April 2018 for 6,800yen.
    This has now been listed on sites like Amazon Japan, with photos that show us the minor colour changes, and the new shield accessory.

This has now been listed on sites like Amazon Japan, with photos that show us the minor colour changes, and the new shield accessory.
    I'm surprised they've re-released a toy that shelf warmed... I already have the original (got it for extremely cheap as it was!) so I think I'll skip this one... or wait until it comes down ridiculously in price too.

Just when I thought that TakaraTomy had finally finished releasing TF5 Movie toys with the Battle Command Optimus, four TF5 1-steps and the four TF5 Knight Armour toys in April, there are three more being released at the end of July - three 1-steps - Slag (TF4), Drift (TF4) and Hot Rod (TF5).
    Hot Rod makes sense, but Slag and Drift are from TF4, and if the current images are the actual toys being released, Drift is blue instead of orange.
    They will be TC numbered (10 - 12), which were also given to the nine April toys.