Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

well that's interesting at least.

I'm a bit confused that they are pushing both an MP and a non-MP line of movie toys all of a sudden. perhaps this is a clear sign that the visual aesthetic of the movies are about to drastically change and they are making the most of the first 5 before everyone ignores their existence for the rest of time.

I am a little sad if that's the case, I really want an MP blackout amongst other things. The image shows what is likely a leader blackout foot and possibly a new ratchet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Seibertron are reporting that there might be 20 toys in this series, with 10 Deluxe, 7 Voyager, and 3 Leaders.

Going purely on past performance the leaders are probably Blackout, Starscream, and a Bumblebee.

Actually this line appears to correcting past issues in the movie line. Also, alongside Blackout, I recall another leader may be Grimlock.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    well that's interesting at least.

I'm a bit confused that they are pushing both an MP and a non-MP line of movie toys all of a sudden. perhaps this is a clear sign that the visual aesthetic of the movies are about to drastically change and they are making the most of the first 5 before everyone ignores their existence for the rest of time.

I am a little sad if that's the case, I really want an MP blackout amongst other things. The image shows what is likely a leader blackout foot and possibly a new ratchet.
    You never know the future of the movie designs but this new movie line was suspected with the ‘lets give the old molds one last great deco’ Takara movie “Best” lines. Plenty of encores and older figures get 1 last hurrah followed by a new version within 12 months.

I remember hasbro saying they heard the fandom grumble they wanted a voyager bonecrusher. They knew they stuffed up. Maybe they will correct the wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I remember hasbro saying they heard the fandom grumble they wanted a voyager bonecrusher. They knew they stuffed up. Maybe they will correct the wrong?
    I believe they will too!

After 10 years, the fandom seems to be bored with Movie toys at the moment... and kinda need a break (which we won't get while they are wanting to pump out a new movie each year for a while).
    With TakaraTomy doing a heap of Movie Best toys at premium prices (with several more to go), and a few expensive Masterpiece toys from both companies... do we really need another 20 premium/expensive Movie toys? Who's going to buy them all. The general public will be having cheaper TF5 and Bumblebee movie toys clogging the shelves for the next 12-18 months while these premium figures are being released, so they won't be the target market... and discerning collectors already have their wallets drained with Generations, Masterpiece and premium JP Movie toys (not to mention 3P products).
    I just don't see these doing well at all, especially if they end up being TRU exclusives, who will make them even more expensive than they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    After 10 years, the fandom seems to be bored with Movie toys at the moment... and kinda need a break (which we won't get while they are wanting to pump out a new movie each year for a while).
    With TakaraTomy doing a heap of Movie Best toys at premium prices (with several more to go), and a few expensive Masterpiece toys from both companies... do we really need another 20 premium/expensive Movie toys? Who's going to buy them all. The general public will be having cheaper TF5 and Bumblebee movie toys clogging the shelves for the next 12-18 months while these premium figures are being released, so they won't be the target market... and discerning collectors already have their wallets drained with Generations, Masterpiece and premium JP Movie toys (not to mention 3P products).
    I just don't see these doing well at all, especially if they end up being TRU exclusives, who will make them even more expensive than they need to be.
    I don't think fandom is bored with Movie toys, I think we are not happy with what Hasbro is doing and this concept (although we still don't really know the full story) seems to be continuing the problem of too many toys of the same characters/designs (some of which are now 10 years old) instead of more original things.

I suspect the TLK line would have been better received if they'd put some effort into new toys/characters rather than repainting a bunch of AOE toys and giving collectors only a few actual new toys (two of which are the same guy - Megatron) instead of robots like Mohawk, Onslaught, Daytrader, Trench, Canopy, WW2 Bumblebee, WW2 Hot Rod, the WW2 Jet, the WW2 Tank etc.

I do get it though that the 11 year olds who saw Transformers at the cinema are now 21 year olds ready to buy premium/new versions so maybe it's more of a case of we (us older G1 fans) aren't the audience for these?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I do get it though that the 11 year olds who saw Transformers at the cinema are now 21 year olds ready to buy premium/new versions so maybe it's more of a case of we (us older G1 fans) aren't the audience for these?
    ^Can confirm this is me, I'm super keen for this line

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I don't think fandom is bored with Movie toys, I think we are not happy with what Hasbro is doing and this concept (although we still don't really know the full story) seems to be continuing the problem of too many toys of the same characters/designs (some of which are now 10 years old) instead of more original things.

I suspect the TLK line would have been better received if they'd put some effort into new toys/characters rather than repainting a bunch of AOE toys and giving collectors only a few actual new toys (two of which are the same guy - Megatron) instead of robots like Mohawk, Onslaught, Daytrader, Trench, Canopy, WW2 Bumblebee, WW2 Hot Rod, the WW2 Jet, the WW2 Tank etc.
    Yep - TLK represents by far the least expenditure on toys I’ve made from the 5 flicks for exactly the above reasons. I’ve got Prime & Bbee from the last 4 movies - I don’t need or want them from yet another one. What I DO want are characters like Mowhawk.

And it’s so silly they have toys for characters that weren’t even in ANY of the flicks like the raptor dinobot (who first appeared in the AoE toy line) but none of ones like whoever the rusted Combi Con was.