Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros & Cons of Michael Bay - discussion topic

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I'm pretty happy if bay does it. I want him to finish what he started. Would love to see shia again as well.
    You got to be trolling right?

I would say he 'finished what he started' by the end of the 3rd movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    remind me to avoid the boards in 2017
    I don't think i can handle another bout of "my childhood, ruined forever!" or "the franchise is down the toilet"
    I don't think anyone really cares that much anymore.

Not everyone has to agree with my opinion. I can't help what i like

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Not everyone has to agree with my opinion. I can't help what i like
    I personally agree. I think Bay should at least do TF 5 and 6, but he doesn't need to do the spin-offs
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Give it time.
    Give it time...

Gee, what a shock
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

remind me to avoid the boards in 2017
    I don't think i can handle another bout of "my childhood, ruined forever!" or "the franchise is down the toilet"
    Totally agree! I like to walk out of the movies thinking of all the positives I saw. I even walked out of ROTF saying "Well Ravage and Long Haul looked pretty damn cool!"

Give it time.
    Give it time...
    Yeah, somehow I don't think that the chances of people not complaining about the negatives in the movies are good - espeically on a board populated by TF fanboys

Personally I was hoping we had seen the last of bay in a Directors role, but I'll live with it if it turns out otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Totally agree! I like to walk out of the movies thinking of all the positives I saw. I even walked out of ROTF saying "Well Ravage and Long Haul looked pretty damn cool!"

Yeah, somehow I don't think that the chances of people not complaining about the negatives in the movies are good - espeically on a board populated by TF fanboys

Personally I was hoping we had seen the last of bay in a Directors role, but I'll live with it if it turns out otherwise
    I actually think Bay may have screwed up his career as a director with Transformers. It seems that the studios don't want him for anything else and whatever other movie he wants to do, is only under the condition he makes the next TF film. Since nobody really cares or likes anything else he has been doing, I think he has become a repeating one trick monkey.

His career as a director may have been cornered on the toilet end of the floor but that shouldn't affect him that badly. The money that TFs gained him has allowed him to buy a lot of horror franchises. Yes, he makes awful movies out of them but he still owns them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

I think people only focus on the negatives when they outweigh the positives. Like AOE.

I'll also live with it if Bay directs the next movie. I just won't bother seeing it. After the last three horrid movies (and I truly think they were trash), I'll just go and see something good instead.

I actually think Bay may have screwed up his career as a director with Transformers. It seems that the studios don't want him for anything else and whatever other movie he wants to do, is only under the condition he makes the next TF film. Since nobody really cares or likes anything else he has been doing, I think he has become a repeating one trick monkey.

His career as a director may have been cornered on the toilet end of the floor but that shouldn't affect him that badly. The money that TFs gained him has allowed him to buy a lot of horror franchises. Yes, he makes awful movies out of them but he still owns them.
    Depends on the perspective. Considering what a massive money earner the TF franchise has been (the last 3 all in the top 50 grosing movies of all time with DOTM at 8 and AOE at 11) they could be considered by the studio to be a great success. Money speaks more loudly than plot-holes

Yeah - that fragger is rich as! I wish I was earning that much money from a career going down the tubes