Page 1 of 23 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: TF5 Movie (2017) production & filming details

Default TF5 Movie (2017) production & filming details

a little bit of news from TFW

it looks like they are scouting locations in the UK and Iceland for the 5th movie. that's kind of neat.

If these movies have done one thing that a lot of popcorn action flicks don't, they've shown off a lot of great locations around the world, even if they haven't done it with panache.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Now there are details of the casting call for major and minor acting roles. plus production staff, for filming in the UK in June, and then later in Detroit... for people who can legally work in both countries.
    (extras and stand-ins will be chased up closer to the filming dates)

And a promo paragraph about the fifth movie...
    In the latest installment of “Transformers,” two-time Academy Award nominee Mark Wahlberg is returning to reprise his role as Cade Yeager, and Daytime Emmy Awards nominee Peter Cullen returns as the voice of Optimus Prime. Directors Guild of America DGA Award winner Michael Bay will direct “Transformers 5” from an original screenplay written by Academy Award winner Akiva Goldsman. Bay will also executive produce the film under the banner of his production company Bay Films, along with three-time Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg for Amblin Entertainment.

Looks like TF5 will be going back to Detroit as well as Chicago, with an apparent 21 million US dollars of tax-payer money as an incentive to come back to the old motor city of Michigan (a large part of TF4 was filmed there).

More details about the filming in Michigan, noting that three of the previous four have had some filming there - TF1, TF3, TF4.

“They have filmed several Transformers productions (at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios) in the past, and I expect they would utilize some of the same locations,” says Jenell Leonard, commissioner of the Michigan Film and Digital Media Office, formerly the Michigan Film Office. “However, all production locations are tentative and fluid.”
    Leonard expects that production on Transformers 5 will start in the summer and will end in the fall. Transformers 5 will be the fourth film in the series shot in Michigan, joining the original 2007 film as well as Transformers: Dark of the Moon and last year’s Age of Extinction. In Age of Extinction, Paramount created a set in downtown Detroit on the site of the former Statler Hotel that was designed to look like Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like TF5 will be going back to Detroit as well as Chicago, with an apparent 21 million US dollars of tax-payer money as an incentive to come back to the old motor city of Michigan (a large part of TF4 was filmed there).
    Isn't the city too poor to be giving away that much money ? I am sure TF5 will rake in the money in the same way 'ASS: The Movie' did in Idiocracy but I don't see anyone visiting Detroit because of it.

Is there anything to see in Detroit anyway? They still haven't put that Robocop statue up.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Isn't the city too poor to be giving away that much money ? I am sure TF5 will rake in the money in the same way 'ASS: The Movie' did in Idiocracy but I don't see anyone visiting Detroit because of it.
    Yeah, that's why I was stressing the tax-payer bit, as that city was bankrupt and rundown, so that sort of money would go a long way to helping the needy and homeless... or investing in Detroit businesses to create more jobs (the movie studios will bring in their own people).
    And it is definitely not a tourist destination, no matter how many movies and TV shows get made there. (my travel agent was almost amused when I suggested it last year when looking for a stop over city on the way to Chicago)

It depends on how well they've done the figures, as the incentives they offer is offset by the money that is spent by the studio which benefits the local economy. No different to how our governments offer money/benefits to stage certain events, which in turn generates revenue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movi..._United_States

I'm more bleh about the movie once again being filmed in Chicago. Three movies in a row now...the scenery is getting a little repetitive and ends up looking like reused footage (which Michael Bay is notorious for anyway. I swear I saw some TF movie scenes in 13 hours).

As long as it makes money, they will keep making them even if it's 3 hours of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee riding around explosions on unicycles.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    As long as it makes money, they will keep making them even if it's 3 hours of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee riding around explosions on unicycles.
    Thats the best plot of all 4 movies... I would pay to see that