Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valvotron - competition toy from Valvoline in America

Default Valvotron - competition toy from Valvoline in America

Announced in America by the Valvoline (oil) company, is a competition for the Transformers Movie, in which the grand prize is a trip to the premiere of the TF5 movie (somewhere in America), and the first 5,000 drawn will win an exclusive toy called Valvotron. The alt-mode hasn't been shown yet, but it looks like it might turn into a Valvoline oil bottle, based on the moulding on the right upper-arm.

The competition closes May 22nd, to give enough time to draw a winner for the grand prize (for the movie screening), and it should mean that the toys should be out before the movie too.

(I'm confused by the fine-print that says that no purchase is necessary to enter... but the only way to enter is by uploading a copy of your *purchased* receipt... )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (I'm confused by the fine-print that says that no purchase is necessary to enter... but the only way to enter is by uploading a copy of your *purchased* receipt... )
    They are Yanks
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

More details and a clearer image of the toy, with a website address that isn't active yet. People (in America) can upload their receipt or mail it in, before July 26th.

Those of us in other countries will just have to wait until they appear on ebay, or have a friend in America.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hrrmmmm, looks like a new mold... and he's an Autobot (it's interesting to me because most Transformers who's name end in 'tron' are usually Decepticons)..

hahahah, its got toes
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I know it's gimmicky, but I REALLY want this toy. He's going to be the next Pepsi Prime
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The website for Americans is now live, and people can now send away for their free* Valvotron toy... which gives us a really clear image of the toy, proving that it is a non-transformable, figurine (it has very few moving parts).

*free - the toy itself is free, in that there is no additional purchase required to get it once you have proof of purchasing their oil products.

There is also a commercial for the sponsorship, noting Valvoline as the official synthetic motor oil of Transformer 5.

FatalityPitt Guest

Some in-hand photos of Valvotron.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-figure/38089/

That is such a cheesy yet awesome name.
    And that news heading lol "details leak out" badoom-tish.

Bah! It's just an action master. I see enough of this in the indie art toy scene.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.