Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy Movie 5 toyline (spoilers?)

Default TakaraTomy Movie 5 toyline (spoilers?)

After the 11 "Best" toys that were released earlier this year that featured the main characters from the first four movies, the 5th Movie toyline begins this month in Japan, under the banner of "The Last Knight King"... suggesting that the movie isn't about any Knight, but the King of Knights (Cybertronian or Human).

As noted on Seibertron, the toyline title for the 5th movie is unusual, as it is Japanese words in Kanji, as opposed to the previous movie toylines which had "English" words in Katakana.

What is also unusual, is that the Deluxe & Voyager toys and packaging look to be regular Hasbro product from their production run, with just a few stickers on the box to note their original country of release (Japan). I haven't seen the packaging for the 1-step (speed change) toys yet, to see if they are boxed up or remain on Hasbro cardbacks.

The first wave of toys has a release date of April 30th in Japan (and Asia), and consist of the following figures...

- TLK-01 - Bumblebee (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-03 - Decepticon Berzerker (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-04 - Dinobot Slash (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-05 - Grimlock (Voyager - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-06 - Speed Change Bumblebee (1-step - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-07 - Speed Change Optimus Prime (1-step - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-08 - Speed Change Barricade (1-step - same as Hasbro version?)
    - TLK-09 - Speed Change Hound (1-step - same as Hasbro version?)

See anything missing?
    Yes, TLK-02 is missing... which has been found to be Deluxe Barricade (as originally expected). It was missing on all of the pre-order websites, most likely because it was Hasbro's "secret" first wave toy, and if it was meant to be a global secret, then TakaraTomy had to tow the line.

No word on the next wave at all yet, so that should mean that there won't be any released during the month of May in Japan. If that changes, it will be noted here.

And hopefully, like with previous movie toylines in Japan, we see some new characters included, as the ones so far don't even have fancy, improved colour schemes as an incentive for non-Japanese fans to buy them.

http://hlj.com/search/go?w=transform...0last%20knight

A few are already up at HLJ available for purchase.
    1/5/6/7/8/& 9

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    http://hlj.com/search/go?w=transform...0last%20knight

A few are already up at HLJ available for purchase.
    1/5/6/7/8/& 9
    They must have just put them up this evening.

(and with that, NO Transformers pre-order product at HLJ is currently available... as they seem to be cutting back so much, most of their pre-orders sell out within days, and they don't increase their order with TakaraTomy )

The next ten have been revealed and added to various Japanese online stores, giving us official images of each...

- TLK-10 - Autobot Drift (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-11 - Steelbane (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-12 - Dinobot Slug (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-13 - Sqweeks (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-14 - Autobot Hound (Voyager - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (4800yen)
    - TLK-15 - Caliber Optimus Prime (remould TF4 AD-31 w/ sword, new shield & new axe - Japan exclusive) - July 15th (8400yen)
    - TLK-16 - Speed Change Megatron (1-step - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (1200yen)
    - TLK-17 - Speed Change Grimlock (1-step - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (1200yen)
    - TLK-18 - Speed Change Decepticon Berserker (1-step - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (1200yen)
    - TLK-19 - Megatron (Leader - same as Hasbro version?) - August (day TBA) (7000yen)

A couple of surprises though...

- Caliber Optimus has two listings on Amazon Japan - a regular edition - a limited edition (same price, but comes with another sword, based on the TF1-3 Optimus sword)
    It's not enough that this particular Optimus toy is limited and exclusive to Japan... but then they have to do a "limited edition" version of a limited edition toy, that comes with an exclusive sword. (the "exclusive" sword is included in the HLJ and TakaraTomyMall listings, so it's not that exclusive)

- The Japanese release of Hasbro's Voyager Megatron appears to be exclusive to ToysRUs in Japan, to be released on the same time as the July Movie toys (listed as July 17th on the website, but it's official day for stores is the 15th), for 4499yen.

The next batch of TF5 Movie toys for Japan have now been revealed, including nine of the mainline toys, the release of the Hasbro Tribute Leader Optimus toy as an Amazon Japan exclusive, and the various US ToysRUs exclusives being released through ToysRUs Japan. The third link also shows us that the other Hasbro Tribute toys are also going to be Amazon Japan exclusives (Bumblebee 3-pack and Optimus 2-pack).

MPM-4 Optimus Prime 15,000 yen

TLK-20 Hotrod 2,800 yen
    TLK-21 Crosshairs 2,800 yen
    TLK-22 Bumblebee 2,800 yen
    TLK-23 Strafe 2,800 yen
    TLK-24 Dinobot Scorn 4,500 yen
    TLK-25 (unknown voyager) 4,500 yen
    TLK-29 (unknown deluxe) 2,800 yen
    TLK-30 (unknown leader) 6,800 yen
    TLK-31 Big Speed Change Dragonstorm 6,800 yen

Amazon exclusives
    TLK-EX Tribute Leader Optimus 12,270 yen (August 31st)
    TLK-EX Tribute Bumblebee 3-pack (September 30th)

ToysRUs exclusives (all appear to be August, but TBC when listed on TRU website)
    Combiner Infernocus
    Legion 2-pack Optimus & Grimlock
    Legion 2-pack Bumblebee & Megatron
    Deluxe Skullitron
    Deluxe Megatron
    Planet Cybertron

The bonus exclusive weapons for October and November in Japan have been revealed, with a bronze Optimus axe for October, and another Teminus Sword plus Megatron sword for November.
    The Axe is noted as being free with purchases over 2000yen on the 28th of October (the release date of that month's toys), at selected stores (usually ToysRUs and some of their other major chains).

The Japanese exclusive Battle Command Optimus toy from 2014 (from TF4 toyline), is being reissued... which is really surprising, since it is a really bad toy.

It will see a re-release in April 2018 for 6,800yen.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Japanese exclusive Battle Command Optimus toy from 2014 (from TF4 toyline), is being reissued... which is really surprising, since it is a really bad toy.

It will see a re-release in April 2018 for 6,800yen.
    I have that figure - I quite like it. Convertible trailer and tons of weapons

Sorry... I should have noted that it was just my opinion.
    But saying that, aside from it having the good elements of heaps of accessories and a trailer, the gimmick and engineering made the robot mode a real mess to me.... being similar to the other gimmick Primes (1-step and Power Battler).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sorry... I should have noted that it was just my opinion.
    But saying that, aside from it having the good elements of heaps of accessories and a trailer, the gimmick and engineering made the robot mode a real mess to me.... being similar to the other gimmick Primes (1-step and Power Battler).
    Oh t’wernt no skin off my nose - good luck finding any toy that every person likes

I just liked it personally due to all the weapons and the fact that all my different JP one-step changers, like Stinger, all illicited different sounds. Plus any Optimus that comes with a trailer gets a big tick from me

But yeah, it’s certainly not the pinnacle of toy engineering