Thread: JP TLK-15 Calibur Optimus revealed

Default JP TLK-15 Calibur Optimus revealed

The Tokyo Toy Fair is on next weekend, and it would be hoped that they reveal/announce a lot more of their Movie toys, because so far, very few are known - and most of them have now been released.

TLK-15 has now been found, in a Japanese magazine, and it is a reworked Leader Optimus toy from the TF4 movie (more specifically, the Japanese AD-31 version which had a resculpted chest).
    The reworking on this occasion, eliminates the backpack kibble that spoiled the look of the various TF4 Leader and First Edition Optimus toys. That backpack kibble was the back end of the truck (where the back wheels and trailer hitch is located), and this toy has that section detach and transform into a large shield (overshield) for Optimus to hold onto.

The toy also comes with an axe (caliber axe) and the (temenos) sword he picked up in TF4. (the axe is likely to be the ToysRUs freebie item later this year that was teased with the release of the freebie sword)

The Calibur Optimus toy is said to be coming out in Japan in July, for about 8000yen.

Looks like this is in the same magazine - TLK-19 Leader Megatron, which looks to follow previous Hasbro toys in that it doesn't appear to have anything different.
    It has an August release, for 6800yen.

At the bottom of the page is a translucent red Legion Megatron, which looks like it could be another freebie or promotional toy for the magazine.

Cool idea for getting rid of the kibble on Prime, but still think the Voyager engineering applied to a leader class would result in a much nicer looking bot...

I would be more interested in getting this if they showed the improvements clearly. I understand showing figures from the best angles to sell it but this is an improvement on a major dislike of the figure. Before deciding whether to get this or not I actually want to see the back of the toy, the back of the shield, and work out if the changes are worth it.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

That does look great and so very innovative.
    A little too small for my tastes though... I might just get it anyway
    No doubt weijiang will make a copy of this and blow it up a size.

Looks good. I have the Takara version of the original release, and never got the Armor Knight version.

I think I'll be upgrading, but I'd like a better look at the back of the truck. It seems like the back of the robot (the blue part at the back of the cab, between the exhaust pipes) folds down over the back of the truck in vehicle mode.

Photos from the Tokyo Toy Show, of Calibur Optimus.

Now that we have an official English spelling of the name on its box, the title of this topic has been changed to reflect it.

I had originally thought that the name was just a deliberate mispelling of "calibre", but it looks more like it is a name that is derived from "Excalibur"... the iconic mythological item from the time of Knights and Dragons (a theme in this movie).
    Last edited by griffin; 3rd June 2017 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Photos from the Tokyo Toy Show, of Calibur Optimus.

Now that we have an official English spelling of the name on its box, the title of this topic has been changed to reflect it.

I had originally thought that the name was just a deliberate mispelling of "calibre", but it looks more like it is a name that is derived from "Excalibur"... the iconic mythological item from the time of Knights and Dragons (a theme in this movie).
    Those photos of the back of the robot and truck, down in the comments, have sealed the deal for me. I'm definitely getting this.

This toy comes out in a couple weeks in Japan, but a gallery from an early sample has been posted up, showing the kibble-less Optimus, and the new accessories.

My mistake, Calibur Optimus, and the other July Movie toys for Japan, were released July 15th.

Masterpiece
    - MPM-3 - (Movie) Bumblebee (new - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (10,000yen)

The Last Knight Movie
    - TLK-10 - Autobot Drift (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-11 - Steelbane (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-12 - Dinobot Slug (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-13 - Sqweeks (Deluxe - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (3000yen)
    - TLK-14 - Autobot Hound (Voyager - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (4800yen)
    - TLK-15 - Calibur Optimus Prime (remould TF4 AD-31 w/ sword, new shield & new axe - Japan exclusive) (available with and without extra small sword) (July 15th (8400yen)
    - TLK-16 - Speed Change Megatron (1-step - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (1200yen)
    - TLK-17 - Speed Change Grimlock (1-step - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (1200yen)
    - TLK-18 - Speed Change Decepticon Berserker (1-step - same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (1200yen)

ToysRUs Japan Movie exclusive
    - Voyager Megatron (same as Hasbro version?) - July 15th (4500yen)

Metacolle (Metal Collection figurine)
    - Optimus Prime (TLK version - Dark Optimus minor redeco) - July 15th (1,000yen)
    - Sqweeks (new) - July 15th (1,000yen)