Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MPM-03 Masterpiece Bumblebee

Default MPM-03 Masterpiece Bumblebee

Pics from Wonderfest thanks to Masabon's Twitter

Last edited by Tober; 19th February 2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Source of the images?

And don't you mean New York Toyfair?

(it's a bit misleading having the TakaraTomy logo on the front of the box, in a more prominent position than the Hasbro logo at the bottom... and rather odd for Hasbro to do it... almost like TT have more control over the brand than we think)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Source of the images?

And don't you mean New York Toyfair?

(it's a bit misleading having the TakaraTomy logo on the front of the box, in a more prominent position than the Hasbro logo at the bottom... and rather odd for Hasbro to do it... almost like TT have more control over the brand than we think)
    Fixed it just for you!

Wonderfest and Toy Fair at the same time threw me out.

Hmm might wait for some reviews regarding build quality first. I'd like a MP bee but he really needs to be distinct and better than the gazillion bee toys out there, with Human Alliance one of my favourites.

I'll be hard-pressed to say no to this one.

The official press release for the TLK product descriptions refers to figures in the MPM line:

Get in the action with one of the figures in the MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES assortment, including the BUMBLEBEE MPM-3 figure.
    Warning: source contains character spoilers.

Could there be others on the way?
    Last edited by Magnus; 21st February 2017 at 11:29 PM.

Ehobbybaseshop have started pre-orders for the upcoming MPM Optimus and Bumblebee.

They ain't cheap. I'll wait for HLJ or Hobby Search to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Ehobbybaseshop have started pre-orders for the upcoming MPM Optimus and Bumblebee.

They ain't cheap. I'll wait for HLJ or Hobby Search to list.
    I saw them there as well, but they are usually pretty good with being about RRP and within $5-10 of RK.

And these are Hasbro versions, so shouldn't show up on HLJ or Japanese dealers... they are just confusing us with the numbering that follows from the Japanese Movie MPs.
    TakaraTomy are likely to release them later themselves, but we don't know when, how much, and if they will be different to the Hasbro versions. (or they might just be like the regular Movie toys and be the Hasbro products with TakaraTomy stickers on the packaging).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And these are Hasbro versions, so shouldn't show up on HLJ or Japanese dealers... they are just confusing us with the numbering that follows from the Japanese Movie MPs.
    Really? All the promo pics of the box have Takara branding as well as Hasbro.
    I must have missed the memo about this somewhere lol
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Really? All the promo pics of the box have Takara branding as well as Hasbro.
    I must have missed the memo about this somewhere lol
    That's the other odd thing about these, is that they are definitely Hasbro products (both have been officially announced by Hasbro in press releases) and haven't been displayed or mentioned by TakaraTomy anywhere yet... but they have on them, TakaraTomy branding, and follow on from the TakaraTomy Movie Masterpiece numbering.

So I think that it will be like the regular Movie toys, in that these will be released in Japan as-is... but we don't know when yet, or how much TakaraTomy will charge for them.

(and honestly, I'd be really disappointed if that happens, just as I've been disappointed that they have been releasing the Hasbro Movie toys unchanged, because that was one thing we could always look forward to with the Japanese versions of Hasbro toys - all the extra touch ups and paint details to make them more screen accurate, or just to have more paint on them to begin with... something they don't appear to be doing this time)

Actually TakaraTomy did show it off at the Wonder Festival a few months back: https://youtu.be/vWQ8n9o8Zgo?t=16381

Whether it'll end up being different to the Hasbro one is hard to judge now. The one they show here is slightly different, but it's probably just a later prototype. You can see properly painted stripes whereas Hasbro showed it off with decals of some sort http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/18/t...-images-333647