Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF5 movie score now available online

Default TF5 movie score now available online

Now available through a variety of (legal) sources, is the entire movie score for the Last Knight, with 34 tracks by Steve Jablonsky, for a total of 2 hours and 9 minutes.

this is super cool, I'm such a stickler for having a hard copy though. I hope it's eventually released on CD.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

La-La-Land Records is set to release a limited edition CD tomorrow.

Sources: https://soundtracktracklist.com/rele...ht-soundtrack/

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/21/tran...-knight-score/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    La-La-Land Records is set to release a limited edition CD tomorrow.

Sources: https://soundtracktracklist.com/rele...ht-soundtrack/

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/21/tran...-knight-score/
    Thank you so much for the heads up!, I've bought quite a lot of good stuff from them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I think the track I liked most was the one used in most of the trailers... and the music that I probably liked most in the movie was the reused TF1 music that popped up in two places near the end.

The 2-CD music score for TF5 is now available at La-La Land Records website, for US$25 plus postage (they ship to Australia).
    They have 3000 copies for pre-order, with it shipping July 25th.
    There are some sample tracks from the CDs at that link (which are included in the quote below).

Since this is the music score, it doesn't have any songs from the movie (like the title track "Torches" ).

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

DEPICTED COVER ART NOT FINAL

STARTS SHIPPING JULY 25 La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the limited edition 2-CD SET of acclaimed composer Steve Jablonsky’s (TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, ENDER’S GAME) original motion picture score to the big-screen blockbuster TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, starring Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel and Anthony Hopkins, and directed by Michael Bay.

Jablonsky and TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT director Michael Bay continue an exciting, longstanding collaboration that has forged numerous cinematic blockbusters, including the previous four TRANSFORMERS films.

“I met with Michael before he started shooting Transformers: The Last Knight,” recalled Jablonsky. “He showed me some amazing concept art and explained how the story connects the history of Transformers all the way back to the times of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. I loved the idea because it gave me the opportunity to explore new musical ideas… The storyline allowed me to write melodies that are a bit more “classical” than I’ve written for the other Transformers films, which was a lot of fun for me.”

Produced by the composer and mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering, this special limited edition CD release of 3000 units will thrill film music fans with an exhilarating musical experience!

THIS IS A COMPACT DISC RELEASE

TRACK LISTING:
    DISC 1
    1. Sacrifice (6:47)
    2. The Coming Of Cybertron (4:59)
    3. Merlin’s Staff (5:49)
    4. No-Go Zone (3:29)
    5. Stay And Fight (6:26)
    6. Code Red (2:13)
    7. Izzy (4:00)
    8. Purity Of Heart (3:34)
    9. Megatron Negotiation (3:38)
    10. Today We Hunt (1:47)
    11. Running Out Of Tomorrows (1:21)
    12. Drone Chase (5:08)
    13. You Have Been Chosen (2:18)
    14. Seglass Ni Tonday (6:27)
    15. Quintessa (6:37)
    TOTAL DISC TIME: 64:23

DISC 2
    1. Vivian (3:53)
    2. Abduction (3:05)
    3. History Of Transformers (4:24)
    4. Cogman Sings (2:10)
    5. Vivian Follow Merlin (6:41)
    6. The Greatest Mission Of All (2:19)
    7. Dive (3:16)
    8. Two Moons (2:03)
    9. Merlin’s Tomb (3:18)
    10. Claim The Staff (3:37)
    11. Prime Versus Bee (2:46)
    12. Your Voice (4:34)
    13. I Had My Moment (2:29)
    14. Ospreys (1:49)
    15. Battlefield (3:44)
    16. Did You Forget Who I Am (1:57)
    17. We Have To Go (5:49)
    18. Calling All Autobots (2:55)
    19. Sir Edmund Burton (4:10)
    TOTAL DISC TIME: 64:49
    TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 129:12

If anyone in Brisbane was going to buy one, let me know, and we could save a little on international shipping.
    One CD is US$16.50 posted to Australia, while two is US$21.50... and each additional CD is US$5 after that.

Did anyone else get this?
    It was over 2 hours (almost as long as the movie), but I didn't think it was as good as his previous Transformers Movie Scores. A lot of his tracks don't seem to carry momentum... they seem to stop and start a lot. Maybe it had to be composed that way to fit with the short sharp bursts of action scenes that Michael Bay gave him to work with (before editing it to the point of frustrating Jablonsky.

The one tune I liked was the one they used on the trailers, but the version on this CD seemed to be shorter and less intense. Again, due to stopping and starting I think.
    Or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, as I had it play while working on the computer, and after it dragged on for a while, I may have just tuned out too much.

It's nice to have it in the collection... it's just a shame that they never released the DOTM score on CD, so it remains an incomplete collection.

I didn't buy it but have listened on Spotify a few times; I like the new 'theme' introduced but agree it's got less flow than previous ones.

TF4 soundtrack + the EP are my favourites by far, though I find they all have some really standout tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I didn't buy it but have listened on Spotify a few times; I like the new 'theme' introduced but agree it's got less flow than previous ones.

TF4 soundtrack + the EP are my favourites by far, though I find they all have some really standout tracks.
    I never even came across the TF4 soundtrack - I'd assumed they'd never made a CD of it