Thread: Deluxe Hotrod to get a regular release?

Default Deluxe Hotrod to get a regular release?

Deluxe Hotrod has been found of Amazon in regular Premier Edition packaging, suggesting that it might be released at regular retail stores... if they actually sell enough stock to want more stock beyond wave 4 (the Cogman wave).

Deluxe Hotrod was originally expected to be released in America at Walmart as part of their Autobots Unite exclusive range (mostly just different versions of Hotrod - Deluxe, Legion, 2-pack Legion, 2-pack 1-step, Flip-n-Change), but has since been removed from their inventory systems.
    It ended up being released in Asia and Europe in the "Autobots Unite" packaging some time ago, but the Americans (and us) have been missing out on their Walmart exclusive... so now if it is to be released in America, it will have to be IF retailers want more Movie Deluxes. At least it should be released on Amazon, which should be good for fans here too, if it is available for foreign purchase.

This is good and all, but has any one seen wave 2 deluxes in Australian stores?

I doubt we'd see it here, or waves 2-4... as stores here aren't likely to want more Movie Deluxes after sitting on wave 1 for five months. (or still getting wave 1 from Hasbro if they actually have been restocking)

nothing past wave 1 in stores I've been to in Sydney. I've ordered most of what I want otherwise on line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Nothing past Wave 1 in the Deluxes in Perth.

We're up to Wave 3 Voyagers though, fortunately.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I doubt we'd see it here, or waves 2-4... as stores here aren't likely to want more Movie Deluxes after sitting on wave 1 for five months. (or still getting wave 1 from Hasbro if they actually have been restocking)
    I must admit, TF5 is by far the least amount of movie toys I've bought. I can't really justify buying yet another movie verse Bbee or Prime. If the character appeared in a previous movie and has pretty much the same alt-mode I'm skipping it, the same with any character that wasn't even in the flick like Slash

It's a shame really, and surprising, considering that we had stores here selling them for a lot less than they should have been after the US RRP increased so much - Kmart and BigW were the same price as TF4 Deluxes, but the US RRP had gone up since TF4 by 33% (US$15 for TF4 to US$20 for TF5). The price here should have gone up to about $35 at Kmart/BigW, and $40+ for the other stores who were charging more. As such, they should have been more successful... if the first wave was more exciting than two redecos (one wasn't even in the movie) and a toy that should have just been a TF3 redeco since it didn't spend more than 5 seconds on screen (Berzerker).

Looks like the Autobots Unite version Deluxe Hotrod is available at Walmart... so the report about it being removed was wrong.
    It just means that the Premier Edition version will mean that the toy itself is no longer a Walmart exclusive.... but the box still is.

Now the Legion Hot Rod looks to be getting a regular release, in addition to the Walmart exclusive Autobots Unite release.
    This one is more likely to show up here though as we seem to be going through the Legion waves a lot quicker than the Deluxes.

I figured we'd never see Hot Rod here so I just bought it from HLJ

seems like I may have to buy the wave 2-4 deluxes from there as well. since it's looking less and less likely we'll ever see them here now

This movie's toyline seems to have been really poorly handled