Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead @ 28

he was definatly one of australias greatest actors
    he will be missed

Tis a sad day, though I fell asleep watching A Knights tale, he definately had talent. The fact that he played a gay Cowboy, a drug addict and finally the Joker proves he had great scope and acting ability, far greater than those actors who can only play themselves. I feel sorry for his family and friends.

The footage that they took might still be salvagable for the movie depending on how much principal photography was taken and how much was left - they could do what they did to Brandon Lee in The Crow and fill out the left over scenes with a body double with a digitally imposed face of Brandon - although with current CG technology they could digitally replicate Heath's face entirely.
    I'm pretty sure they finished filming, but the Crow isn't the only film where tragedy struck part way through filming. During the film of Gladiator Oliver Reed died of a heart attack before all of his scenes had been shot. So they created a digital body double for the remaining scenes involving his character Proximo by photographing a live action body double in the shadows and by mapping a 3D CGI mask of Reed's face to the remaining scenes. The estimated cost was about $3.2 million for two minutes of additional footage. So while they could do the same for Ledger it would really throw the budget.

Principal Photograpghy was finished months ago, and Ledger was already filming for another movie. So unless they needed some emergency reshoots, then his part was complete.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

This would have propelled his career even further I believe...and in a morbid way still will.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EAEyVws0A9U