Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: January's stuff

I don't normally do pics but I guess this one's kinda special. As you can see he's pretty beat up, sheds chrome like a real cat sheds hair, and his legs are really loose at the hip, so if possible I'll probably send him off to one of our customiser crew at some point for some TLC and purtification.
    Pics are front view, rear view, close up rear view to show his 'battle damage', and one of Ravage and MP10.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Still seems like an awesome deal to me.

Hips - easily fixable.

Chrome flaking - fairly easily fixed, but I wouldn't take advice from me on what's the best sealant.

In today: HA Soundwave.

Odie: Those aren't the original colours for Ravage's guns either. Someone's painted those silver. Here is what the guns should look like. Shouldn't be that hard to strip the paint off them. Ah well, guess we know why that toy was cheap. At least the damage is only cosmetic. Btw, did you get his tail/weapon? (the same tail-weapon that comes with Transmetal Cheetor, but in a different colour - looks like this and this. I also assume that his jets are still in tact?

The tail has been (poorly) painted black, and more irritatingly someone's butchered modded the guns.

Had to raid 1orion2many's house just to rescue 3x FP items

And 6 EZ Chronicles TF's from Kyle.
    Last edited by valkyrie_76; 4th January 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    The tail has been (poorly) painted black, and more irritatingly someone's butchered modded the guns.
    <looks at pics again> Ah yes, I can see that now. Damn, that sucks. Cosmetic damage can be fixed or concealed, by physical damage... especially snipped tabs like that... ouch. At least he can still hold the guns, but I imagine they don't clip into his legs well?

Gah... reminds me of what I stupidly did to my M.A.S.K. toys when I was a child - I snipped off the "clips" under the masks to make them look more like the cartoon... and of course, they don't fit on properly without them!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Personally, I'd be tempted to just leave the guns as is. It doesn't look like a terribly bad paintjob on them, from the pics. Shame about the clips, but again, for that price, I'd still be happy enough with it.

But yeah, I'd definitely be getting an experienced customiser to give it a full TLC treatment program.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Cosmetic damage can be fixed or concealed, by physical damage...
    How does breaking a toy fix cosmetic damage?

It appears to be a typo... as it makes more sense as "but" not "by".