Thread: new ipad question

Default new ipad question

hey guys my misses is wanting to buy the new 32g ipad to browse the web and watch movies, but i said to her she should buy the 16g model and get a wireless external drive put the videos on there and stream it whenever she wants to. I do believe with apple they only recognise certain files and not others. are there apps that will play everything so you dont have to convert all your d/l videos so the ipad will see the file on the external drive??? sorry dont know much about apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    hey guys my misses is wanting to buy the new 32g ipad to browse the web and watch movies, but i said to her she should buy the 16g model and get a wireless external drive put the videos on there and stream it whenever she wants to. I do believe with apple they only recognise certain files and not others. are there apps that will play everything so you dont have to convert all your d/l videos so the ipad will see the file on the external drive??? sorry dont know much about apple products.
    Yeah mate. I got cineXplayer. Was about $5 but plays .avi .mp4 and other movie files
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I got the 32g just so I had the extra space to have plenty of apps, photos, music etc on it also. I dunno about any apps for playing video, I've always just converted anything I've wanted to put on my iPad into the format it needs.

thanks guys!