View Poll Results: JP MP Rumble/Jaguar - worth buying?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 55.56%
  • Only if...

8 29.63%
  • Not worth it

3 11.11%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Rumble & Jaguar

Default Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Rumble & Jaguar

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Rumble (red) & Jaguar (Ravage)
    Series - Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - n/a
    New/remould/redeco - Both New
    Wave - MP-15
    Released here - not here (released in Japan February 2013)
    Approximate Retail Price - 4,400yen (about AU$50)
    Approximate Size - 4-8cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cassette/robot (Rumble), Cassette/jaguar (Jaguar)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Pile Drivers (Rumble), cassette cases.
    Main Colours - Red, black, silver (Rumble), black, grey, silver (Jaguar).
    Main Accessories - 2x Pile Drivers, "battery" cover, 2x guns (Rumble), 2x cassette cases.

Last edited by griffin; 26th March 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Quick thoughts:
    • Both figures are on an equal complexity level with MP Laserbeak.
    • Both have slightly more fiddly transformation steps, though purely due to the size of some parts (Ravage's Nose/Rumble's Fists).
    • Chrome (Gold) is only present on Rumble (Chest, Pelvis & Knees), absolutely no chrome to be found anywhere else in this set.
    • Ravage's Cassette mode suffers in-order to achieve his Bot mode's superior sculpt, posture & poseability - IMO the best iteration to date.
    • Rumble's guns are quite fiddly to place into his back ports, they also have swappable pegs for being held in his hands.
    • Both figures have very thin paint applications, BE WARNED: Handle with care.
    • Both figures are extremely worthy of the MASTERPIECE title, they continue the astoundment of what is achievable with the same form-factor & mass found in the G1 cassettes.
    • Their transformations are quite enjoyable, Rumble's more-so than Ravages', instructions certainly aren't required.
    • As this pair cost me $51.00AUD from HobbyLink Japan to my door, I am very comfortable in saying that 'a piece' there's $25 worth of value here; I'm extremely pleased and happy with both of them.

no coin hursti? D:

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    no coin hursti? D:
    Nah, not with my order as I bought direct from Japan aka TakaraTomy, only those sold via the Hasbro HK market receive those coins ; The ones for this pair do look quite cool, but I wont miss them at all (Not compared to MP Soundwave's anyway).

Thanks for giving me confidence that they're worth the money Hursti

I'm still waiting for HLJ to move this to my private warehouse so I can have it shipped along with AM-33 Megatron. Since you've got yours already, I now have a reason to ask them 'what's up?'

Nice review Hursti, these guys really look good. Still waiting on my HLJ warehouse stuff til I get mine.

Glad to hear you are happy with them Hursti. From what I have read / heard / seen I was worried it might end up being a regrettable purchase. They do say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

When you consider that they are scaled in between legion and commander class and have no diecast, I voted 'Not worth it' considering what you get for how much online stores are asking for them. Price alone doesn't make them a high-end collectors piece and if anyone thinks otherwise, I've got some expensive rocks I'd like to sell to you
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I voted only if... you have the Takara MP Soundwave, in that case, why wouldn't you?

If you are like me and still waiting for the June/July release of the Hasbro version then, it's a no for this guy till he turns u pin that box. and then a Hell yea for the whole lot.

for the time being I just get to drool at all Hursti's and everyone elses awesome pictures.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I should have put in as a voting option "waiting for the Hasbro version". Hmmm... that can be included in the "only if" category... as in, "only if it is the Hasbro Version.
    ???

I got my Rumble/Ravage (with coin) today and i quite enjoy playing with them, well articulated and detailed for something as small as a legends toy. The transformation is quite easy but well thought out for something so small, very good engineering for these toys. Whether if you should buy it or not, I would say 'Only If' :

1. you already have takara tomys MP-13 Soundwave
    2. your willing to fork out 50-70 to get it delivered to your door

Otherwise there is really nothing so special about these toys that would compel you to buy it, waiting for the Hasbro release would be wiser.