View Poll Results: JP MP-24 Star Saber - worth buying?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 47.83%
  • Only if...

8 17.39%
  • Not worth it

1 2.17%
  • I'm not even interested

15 32.61%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-24 Masterpiece Star Saber

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    You are a horrible fan.

*WAH WAH WAH*

HasTak doesn't cater to me specifically! I don't care about other Transformers fans! I'm the only one that matters. Who cares about the characters the Japanese fans identify with better? What did the japanese ever do to benefit the Transformers franchise? I don't care about them. I only care about what us superior Western fans get because we're right!

TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!
    Finally, someone who agrees with me!
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com

Star Saber is a G1 character, albeit only from the Japanese Victory cartoon. He won the MP-24 vote, which was only for Autobot leaders, out of the various continuities, from Japanese fans. The place could not be won by an Autobot car.

The reason his alt mode looks the way it does is because that's what his original toy/cartoon model looked.

He may not be a classic G1 character in Western media, but he certainly is at least a memorable character in Japanese G1, enough to warrant him winning the vote against others like Galaxy Force Optimus, Beast Wars Optimus Primal and even Fortress Maximus.

If you don't like the toy, just don't buy it. Leave it out of your MP collection. He's still a widely appreciated character, and a nice update to a very expensive G1 toy/character.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

You are a horrible fan.

*WAH WAH WAH*

HasTak doesn't cater to me specifically! I don't care about other Transformers fans! I'm the only one that matters. Who cares about the characters the Japanese fans identify with better? What did the japanese ever do to benefit the Transformers franchise? I don't care about them. I only care about what us superior Western fans get because we're right!

TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!
    Way to completely misunderstand a post. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron Action Flash View Post
    Finally, someone who agrees with me!
    Way to completely misunderstand a post. Congratulations.
    So you're being facetious with your post?

So you're being facetious with your post?
    No. I genuinely hate the figure. But yes, I'm having a jovial rant. And no, I'm not a horrible fan. I'm a freaking amazing fan and incredibly loyal to Transformers. Being a fan doesnt mean accepting everything you're offered. Its actually ok to strongly dislike something. Do you have a fave band? I'm sure they've recorded at least one song you can't stand.

I don't get my panties into a twist when there's something I'm not interested in. I just ignore it and move on with my day because I know my tastes isn't the same as everyone else's.

I don't get my panties into a twist when there's something I'm not interested in. I just ignore it and move on with my day because I know my tastes isn't the same as everyone else's.
    Platitudes. Nothing wrong with a venting rant. Its healthy.

lol that was a very critical assessment but as others have said this is something Japanese fans wanted, and since Star saber is a Japanese G1 Character, he isn't really that well known by most fans. I would of been more excited if they did something else, but what I would of liked wasn't on the list
    That said he looks like an amazing example of a Robot toy, and is a faithful recreation of the original I am assuming, which I hope delights the fans of the original character and toy. If i grew up watching the series Star Saber belongs to, I would be all over this release.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    lol that was a very critical assessment but as others have said this is something Japanese fans wanted, and since Star saber is a Japanese G1 Character, he isn't really that well known by most fans. I would of been more excited if they did something else, but what I would of liked wasn't on the list
    That said he looks like an amazing example of a Robot toy, and is a faithful recreation of the original I am assuming, which I hope delights the fans of the original character and toy. If i grew up watching the series Star Saber belongs to, I would be all over this release.
    Thanks for clarifying SS's origin and place in TFs. Doesnt change my opinion of the figure but it at least explains why the freak got made.

I got into TF's at ground level. Wave 1, G1. I was there. I remember reaching the top of the escalator, arriving at Chadstone Myer toy department circa late '84 and being confronted by this display of new Robots that looked amazingly shit hot.

I collected pretty heavily thru the 80's and consider myself pretty much across the essential G1 lore. Now, having said all that, who the eff is this Starsaber flog? I've never heard of the a-hole. And why is he getting an MP slot when the likes of Jazz or Hound are still not made?

I hate SS's alt mode. Ugly as f*ck. His bot mode looks like something out of Astroboy rather than Transformers. His colour palette is rank and frankly I just don't understand the gush this idiot gets.

Isn't the point of the MP line to bring us CORE G1 characters in their ideal incarnation? I just hope this mis-step by Takara is the last and that future MP's are TF's I actually recognise.

So you're saying you're ambivalent about Star Saber? Personally I hoped Takara would give us My Little Pony dress up dolls.