View Poll Results: Timelines Spinister - worth getting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • A double-TM packing purple helicopter loony? Hells yeah!

5 50.00%
  • Only if a member of the TFSS

2 20.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 30.00%
  • The DJD should have grounded him permanently!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - TFSS Spinister

Default Toy Review - TFSS Spinister

Name: SPINISTER with Shrute and Singe
    Series - Timelines
    Sub-line – TFSS 4.0
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of CW Alpha Bravo
    Wave - Third figure of the service
    Released here - Nope
    Approximate Retail Price - US$50+Shipping
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Helicopter
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb, Double Targetmaster
    Main Colours – Purple, Pink, Blue
    Main Accessories - gun, combiner fist/foot, 2 x Targetmasters

Robot Mode

The head is a little squarish and the optics a tad big but otherwise pretty good. Nothing new otherwise physically with the mold. Certainly a lot less stocky than G1 Spinister and the colour scheme is dead on.

Vehicle Mode
    I’m not a great fan of how slim this mold is, it didn’t quite work for me as Blades and Vortex and I get the same feeling with Spinister. Still, they got that garish 1988 colour scheme just right!

Targetmasters
    Not bad, the same molds they used for Needlenose and Scoops partners. Colours good. One thing – do NOT try to put them into the little black exhaust hubs on the sides of Spinisters vehicle mode. I tried and not only are they that mill too thick but trying to push them in will wear the black paint off very easily and show the pink underneath. You have to attach them via turning his arms around so the fist is up which puts his missiles in an awkward position.

Transformation
    You KNOW how this works by now people!

Overall
    Well, I’m not quite as impressed as I was with Needlenose and Grabuge but he is still a decent Timelines rendition of Spinister. There has been one before but this guy has his TM partners so he wins. Colours and mold are good and nice to have another member of Kroks crew onboard.

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 16th June 2016 at 10:44 AM.

Guessing mine should be here shortly.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

You suck Trev! How'd you get it in the sticks before us city folk?? (Sulks off to play with Fort Max :-P )

Anyway.... 2 points....

1: Apparantly there was a poll about how to paint the head/eyes.... Saw mention on TFW2005 about it.... Anyone here hear about that?

2: go look at your targetmasters again.... (Hint..... Tab A into Slot B.... )

Targetmasters
    Not bad, the same molds they used for Needlenose and Scoops partners. Colours good. Shame they cannot combine into one big gun. One thing – do NOT try to put them into the little black exhaust hubs on the sides of Spinisters vehicle mode. I tried and not only are they that mill too thick but trying to push them in will wear the black paint off very easily and show the pink underneath. You have to attach them via turning his arms around so the fist is up which puts his missiles in an awkward position.
    The gun tabs were noted on TFW, and being too big for the fists as well on some people's toys... so it was suggested to sand down the gun tab just a smidge, so that they would fit the fists, which I would probably suggest for the helicopter mode as well (if they can fit in that spot without hitting the rotors).

Arrived today, tis cool.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Waitasec, you mean the guns don't join together anymore? But Scoop's did.
    Gots ta admit that I don't like the shape of this helicopter mode for an attack chopper.

On top of, I think I remember the two renders for his head not looking so derpy when they had the poll out for his eyes. I'll stick with my G1 Spinister for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Waitasec, you mean the guns don't join together anymore? But Scoop's did.
    Gots ta admit that I don't like the shape of this helicopter mode for an attack chopper.

On top of, I think I remember the two renders for his head not looking so derpy when they had the poll out for his eyes. I'll stick with my G1 Spinister for now.
    No, it's ok.... Trev just forgot.... Sent him a pic from seibertron gallery today and it all came flooding back....

Just collected mine from the post office, initial thoughts now, maybe photos later.

He's using the Alpha BlaTex mould, so no surprises there, half painted visor as eyes looks weird, but that was voted for so I guess I'm in the minority that'd have preferred full visor.

Colours are amazing, very close to the last Timelines Vortex from the Tomahawk mould, under my odd desk lighting the greens look almost identical, purple just a little deeper, and the pink a little darker, more magenta. I really like how the colour is broken up across his upper half too, magenta core, purple outer and upper arms down to the green lower arms.

As a toy, I think the older Timelines Spinister comes out on top here, awesome transformation, articulation and missile launches, but he is very green and pink, not much purple, which is why I think colour wise TFSS Spinister's mould design was a good choice for the colour layout. I have given Timelines Spinister the Generations Spinister targetmaster from Legends Nemesis Prime for giggles.

QC-wise, the tail rotor part wasn't connected firmly, and there's a lot of paint wear at the joint, but luckily not that visible when the tail is attached properly. Haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    ...but that was voted for so I guess I'm in the minority that'd have preferred full visor..
    What vote????

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    What vote????
    The club did a poll on twitter way back in August and fans debated it on the global fansites... but I didn't note the result, as the Club toys often have late changes, so the eye version could have gone either way anyway.