Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Theft

Default Car Theft

Someone just tried stealing my wifes damn car!
    A neighbour came to my door, asking if the car in the middle of the street is mine...I went out to look, and yes, it WAS ours! Pricks had broken the lock (again) and pushed the car into the middle of the street.
    This is pretty brazen, as: 1. I had fallen asleep not 3 metres away with the TV on, and 2. I have a sensor light there.
    They ignored my car ('04 Hilux) completely, and just went for my wifes car ('84 Mazda), even though the only thing of value on the car are the tires!
    Time to get a flashing LED for the car!
    Now how the hell am I supposed to go back to sleep?

Recently they tried to steal my '95 Daewoo for the second time. The first time they tried to break the lock by sticking stuff into the key hole damaging it, this time around they completly broke off the key hole! However it doesn't seem that they managed to get inside as nothing was changed ot taken.

The last time happened at the car park in Roselands shopping center a couple of months ago.

I don't understand why my car, its a shit '95 Daewoo hatchback. There are plenty of more valuable cars around.

However something to keep in mind that these bastards don't always steal cars for money but often for joy riding for the weekend. A friend of mine had an old badly kept 80s car and it was stolen twice only to be dumped on the road some days later in the middle of no where.
    ________
    FORD ZETA ENGINE HISTORY
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:57 PM.

They did steal the Falcon i built with my own hands..........

Buy a dog so it wakes you up.

Didn't the car alarms work? Weren't it suppose to wail like kingdom come if someone try to get near your car or sumthing?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

if a 1984 model car has a working alarm, thats a fair effort

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

usually whenever I hear an alarm go off, I go running outside (sometimes with some sort of weapon - usually my bokken/bokuto*) to attend to it. Or if it's too far away and I can't tell exactly where's it's coming from I'll call the police and tell them that there's an alarm going off near my vicinity.

Alarms don't work if people don't attend to them.

At the last two places where I lived (which was much more urban - I now live in suburbia) there were often alarms going off, especially from this one house across the road... and so many times I'd wake up in the middle of the night, rapidly try to throw some clothes on, grab my weapon, a torch and my mobile (I had the local police number on speed dial) and run out in thongs... gah.

...having said all that I personally don't rely on alarms as I find that other than freaks like me, most people just ignore them. They shouldn't (after all, if it was your alarm you'd want people to attend to it) but they do.

My last car had an engine immobiliser instead of an alarm. My house is already immobile.

*any kind of sports bat would also do quite nicely - cricket bat, baseball bat etc.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Sorry D-nac.
    I didn't have money for a taxi and had to get home to tape infomercials.

Nah jks mate. Don't worry...karma will get the bee-otches.

sorry to hear about that ian!!!
    hope you guys are safe as well as the car :P

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    usually whenever I hear an alarm go off, I go running outside (sometimes with some sort of weapon - usually my bokken/bokuto*) to attend to it.

Lol me too.....
    My arms!

That's such a pain in the servos! My car was stolen in 2000 and they couldn't start it because it was immobilised so they rolled it down the hill into the creek and set it on fire. I got there in time to see the airbags and fuel tank explode. Naturally the cops couldn't care less.

One of the risks of my job - it happened the night after I won a huge case and I suspect the other side was involved as they knew where I lived.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm