Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Walmart Gen1 reissues - Hotrod, Starscream, Devastator, Minibots

I hope we get a reissue Stunticon set at some point...it's cool that they're doing G1 reissues at all but it'd be really nice to get something that hasn't already been done as well.

I don’t know if these will hit Aussie stores but imagine walking into Kmart and seeing these on the shelves...it’ll take me back 35 years.

Any tips on where is gonna be the best place to get these?

FatalityPitt Guest

Man, I hope we see these hit retail here in Australia (somehow...). I have the G1 Minibots Encore set from Takara, but I'd still love to get my mitts on some single-carded versions to keep MOC.

I hope this becomes an ongoing thing. I'd love to get some G1 stuff that I missed out on when I was a kid, and even replace some of the stuff that got lost or broken along the way.

I think its great that this is happening but im really over the ones which have been reissued before.... Bring on new ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    I think its great that this is happening but im really over the ones which have been reissued before.... Bring on new ones!!
    Hubcap!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

bowspearer Guest

I actually support the way they're doing it. It occurs to me that with the move towards Authentics and Cyberverse, original G1 figures aren't that much of a stretch to market at kids, provided the price is right of course. It makes sense to test the waters with these guys and when they prove profitable, then invest in getting older, less used moulds out of mothballs.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    My thoughts exactly. There have been so many reissues of Starscream, I'd love to see the other 86 Movie characters get a reissue. When I saw they were doing Hot Rod I was hoping that was the plan.

I really want them to reissue the Targetmasters but that isn't going to happen.

Some of the other combiners that have not been reissued since Classics would be nice, ie Menasor and Superion.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I actually support the way they're doing it. It occurs to me that with the move towards Authentics and Cyberverse, original G1 figures aren't that much of a stretch to market at kids, provided the price is right of course. It makes sense to test the waters with these guys and when they prove profitable, then invest in getting older, less used moulds out of mothballs.
    As long as you're talking about toddler age level then yes. But here's the downside; G1 has always had durability issues compared to the advancements first introduced in the late 90's (see BW).

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to need to hunt down Devastator and Starscream for my son. He will loose it when he sees them as he has always seen "original/encore" versions of Devastator/Constructicons and begged me for them. And even though he loves his Combiner Wars one he still nags me for the smaller originals. hehe.

I am really happy to see these figures being "re-released"; I'm just hoping they won't be too hard to source and ridiculously expensive to get down here.
    Have you checked the member sales area lately? The encore 20A is a good set, you might be able to find that around in case the new re-issue is too much