View Poll Results: DotM Deluxe Mudflap - worth buying?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • Only if cheap

2 28.57%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

1 14.29%
  • Not interested

2 28.57%

Thread: Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Mudflap

Default Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Mudflap

Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Mudflap

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Mudflap
    Series - Dark of the Moon
    Sub-line - Mechtech
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 3
    Released here - May 2011
    Approximate Retail Price - $24-30
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Chevy Spark
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Convertible Mechtech weapon
    Main Colours - Black, orange
    Main Accessories - Mechtech weapon

Last edited by griffin; 29th July 2011 at 08:58 PM.

I love this little guy, He's heads and shoulders above Skids. Minimal Hasbro grey, good articulation with a simple yet rewarding transformation.
    The Mech-Tech weapon is ok, which seems to be the standard for most the DotM toys

Despite him now being a Chevrolet Spark he actually matches his on screen proportions much better than his RoTF figure did. A redeco in his RoTF colours could turn out very well if done right.

Highly Recommended!

He's a new mold btw.

Decepticon Guest

I got him and his twin yesterday. After looking at my ROTF twins the other day, they looked so cheap and tacky compared to the DOTM versions. And I'm glad these are slightly smaller in size for better scaling. Now if only I can find a decent head for the twins!

Pretty much every I said about the new Dlx & Legion Skids toys applies here as well, earning it a no vote from me.
    These are easier than the TF2 Twin toys, but not worth buying new ones in these colours, without an appearance in the movie.
    The Skids toy was the easier of the two TF3 twins Dlx toys, as this one has the annoying interlocking panel issue in car mode that plagued a lot of the TF2 toys. The two door/side panels just don't line up nicely enough on my Mudflap, spoiling the car mode. Since they were both apparently the same car model in TF3 (before they were editted out), Hasbro shoulda just recoloured the Skids mould and given it a new head. And maybe swapped out the arms, as Skids had a deformed big right arm while Mudflap has the deformity on the left arm.

If you really want a black version of the twins, now that they aren't in TF3, get the cheaper Legion versions... these may be a big improvement on the fiddly TF2 moulds, but just aren't worth buying again in these colours.
    If they ever re-release them in their TF2 colours, then those would be worth buying.