Page 439 of 710 FirstFirst ... 419429434435436437438439440441442443444449459 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I bought my set from eBay this year for about $80 shipped. So yes, that is overpriced.
    That is delicious! And a bargain it seems - Congrats!

I guess a Collector's two greatest weapons are patience and perseverance.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

That must have been a lucky score... an auction? If so, it just takes a listing that misses the attention of others keen on them. Or a mispelt title. Any time that has happened to me, the seller pulled the listing at the last minute, or had a friend bid and then offered it to me at my max bid, so if it was an auction, you were lucky to have the seller honour it.
    I think everyone who has that set or wants it, would be insanely jealous of your score.
    Basically, the toys from the first four botcons (except Onyx Primal from 1996) can demand anywhere between $400-700 each (Breakdown, Nightracer, Packrat/Fractyl).

I managed a lucky score on eBay recently, it's a MISB Botcon fig that I've been chasing for eons (4 months). Seller left out "Transformers" in the listing title, and the auction finished for half of what I was willing to pay

A Lot of Backing Cards

People dismiss them, throw the out or chop them up. But I prefer them whole like these.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

thoughts on this?? real or not?? G2 Breakdown colours on G1 Sideswipe toy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...#ht_500wt_1414

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post

I was looking at this as well. It just doesn't look quite right to me, there is another clear green g1 Sideswipe on there as well. Both are ridiculous prices either way

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    I was looking at this as well. It just doesn't look quite right to me, there is another clear green g1 Sideswipe on there as well. Both are ridiculous prices either way
    Just had a look and I totally agree with Starscream77.

I am by far not an expert on G1 figs, but the tell tale signs of a dodgy/fake eBay powerseller are there: a low number feedback score, with very few of those score numbers belonging to a buyer; of the buyers, there are at least 2 repeat buyers in 4 transactions inside 6 months; very few photos; scant amount of info in description; and listing multiple rare toys in a bundle?
    The toys themselves look very sparkly fresh for G1 test shots, and why would G1 Acid Storm and Turbine come with a mini-Megatron to be held?

and the "what you see is what you get " comment absolves him from any disputes.

I've never heard of any variants like the clear items he's selling sounds super bogus regardsless of how much feedback he has. I'm certainly no expert but all the same, why would there ever have been a clear green g1 optimus prime and sideswipe pair. no boxes and with a modern "music label prime head" I'd he has several diffrent sideswipes, soundwaves and primes. all differnt colours and plastics. why so few differnt molds and why so many variations?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Where the hell do these come from. he has so many of them too.
    he has this one but they just look so new

They have quite a few for sale... with some saying "lunchtime special" which was something that was appearing at the time of those first Reissues - allegedly from the factory, but done by staff outside of the normal production run.
    I think some of those he's listed are KOs, but most are probably "legit" from the factory, as I think some of those moulds haven't been KOed (Hot Rod & Astrotrain?).

This person is in Holland, so if these really are "lunchtime specials", he must have been amassing a serious collection of them at the time (about 10 years ago now).
    But with so many KOs out there now, these unauthorised figures don't have much value in them. Before KOs started rearing their heads, a (verified) prototype would have been a valuable part of Transformers History.... now though, there's too much risk that it is just a fake for it to be worth buying, or claiming that you have one.

Prototypes with any potential value are the ones that can be verified as prototypes, by having a destroyed face and/or "not for sale" etched into them somewhere. (but yeah, you could do that to a KO and pass it off as a prototype... so it just isn't worth spending excessive money on something that could be a fake, and doesn't look very nice anyway)