Page 977 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 957967972973974975976977978979980981982987997 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Is Siege Aimless compatible with G1 Misfire?
    Yes.

Thank Primus for the 5mm post.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes.

Thank Primus for the 5mm post.
    You know your prenteding I don't exist crap is getting really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    You know your prenteding I don't exist crap is getting really annoying.
    If you are on the a user's block list, they can't see your posts. This could be an unfortunate side effect..

If you are on someone's blocking list, then they will think that these questions are being ignored or unanswered, and answer them as if they are the only one responding.
    As Tets noted.... it is a side-effect of the blocking feature, that could look like someone is intentionally repeating what you are saying, just to annoy you.

I have a mate visiting LA at the moment and he sent me pics of the Bumblebee Retro Packs (the ones with the G1 cassettes) on a store shelf.

What do people reckon are a reasonable price for these? The store appears to have both. I know they are going cheaper in some online stores but every time I try to order from one of those it doubles the price of the figure.

My mate is going to swing past the shop later and check the prices for me, and I'm honestly sure what is reasonable for them.

Anyone consider buying a KO G1 toy from China to scavenge for parts? I’m thinking of repairing my G1 vintage Hound who needs a few bits and pieces, and notwithstanding the difficulty in sourcing parts, the postage costs are ridiculous.

Why not just buy a reissue? If being a G1 purist is your thing (and that's fine) then using counterfeit parts is going to make your G1 Hound impure anyway so why not just get a reissue? <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Anyone consider buying a KO G1 toy from China to scavenge for parts? I’m thinking of repairing my G1 vintage Hound who needs a few bits and pieces, and notwithstanding the difficulty in sourcing parts, the postage costs are ridiculous.
    I ordered some KOs a few years ago when a lot of noise was being made about them emerging because I wanted to see what the quality was. I found that plain plastic cast parts were almost the same but not strong as genuine (more prone to stress fracture), chromed parts were inconsistant (sometimes indistinguishable from genuine, sometimes flaky, sometimes the chrome didn't even cover the whole part) and the die-cast metal was generally a bit rougher than genuine. Also the overall quality differed dramatically. The insecticon I got was scary accurate to the point where I had to be careful with a side by side comparison that I remembered which was the real one. Snarl on the other had had poor chroming, loose joints, an unfinished texture to the metal and the weapons didn't fit the fist holes.

I would tend to agree with Gok though. I have a genuine G1 Hound, however the joints are loose and he's clearly seen some rough play, and a book-style reissue. The book style re-issue is indistinguishable from the genuine G1 and is more fun to play with because he doesn't feel like he's going to collapse! I don't know what reissues cost these days, but I suspect that ordering a KO would be a significant fraction of the cost of a legit reissue, and the KO would be a gamble anyway.

Whatever you decide, good luck with the restoration

Thanks for the reply guys. I’m not a purist in any sense; I just want the toy to look “complete” but am not committed to genuine parts. I should clarify its just the accessories I’m after, the body is fine (though the mirrors are snapped and I should see if they’re interchangeable). I’ve used a bunch of reprolabels in the past so I’m not bothered by unofficial/counterfeit/KO accessories.

Ah right. Unfortunately reissue Hound's spare tyre doesn't fit on original Hound (unless you use Blu Tac); the guns fit fine though. Cos otherwise my suggestion would be to get the reissue at a cheap enough price (even if it's loose), gut the accessories and then sell off the body at a further reduced price.