Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Acquisitions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Vita love from me continues with 2 excellent new games and a pic of the case that came a few weeks back!

My first time playing Ninja Gaiden properly.. I once tried a 'copy' on the original Xbox many years ago but didn't give it much time... as tends to be the case when you're pirating for the sake of it. I found it too hard back then (maybe it was the duke controller!), but i'm absolutely loving it now that i've sunk some time into learning the combat system... it's still pretty damn difficult but incredibly rewarding too. Paying for games has its benefits

Virtua Tennis though, i have enjoyed since the original. This is definitely the nicest feeling and obviously looking version yet... i'm currently going through the world tour mode with my photo-aided create-a-character! It actually looks really good, now that i think about it should have saved a screenie of 'me' from the Vita, will do it another time! It's pretty damn full featured for launch software as well, no glaring mode omissions or anything - excellent!
    So they've done Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and now Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? Who can blame Team Ninja though really, they should re-release the original every year or two it's so damn good. I played the hell out of Black and would gladly play through it again. Just wish Capcom would do the same with the original DMC, love that game to bits too (50hz woes on the PAL PS2 release and all).

You know they're doing a DMC HD collection right? Contains 1, 2 & 3, out fairly soon iirc.

You know they're doing a DMC HD collection right? Contains 1, 2 & 3, out fairly soon iirc.
    April I believe.

These HD collections are getting better and better too, had the Sly and Jak series, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, GoW, and soon DMC and Ratchet and Clank!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Really? Sweet I had no idea about that one!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    April I believe.

These HD collections are getting better and better too, had the Sly and Jak series, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, GoW, and soon DMC and Ratchet and Clank!
    You're forgetting the most awesome HD collection of all...Silent Hill 2 and 3!

Finally got around to taking some pics of the acquisitions I made, leading up to and for last Xmas :

It pleases me to no end to finally have these 'Big-Box' copies once again; my face bares a grin each and every time I look at them.
    • For anyone interested or able to help; I'm still after the 'Big-Box' versions of Quake 1 & 3, Final Doom, Carmageddon and Duke Nukem 3D.

Nabbed this from Big W.. surprised to see it there at all (this game seemed to have been short-stocked here), more surprised to see it ring up on the price checker for $25!

Hursti, that haul is way cool. Classic shooters right there. Loved the atmosphere in each and every one of those games. I take it they're just for display? Or do you have a dusty floppy drive you intend on putting to use?

Ah I miss the old 3 1/2 floppy. The distinct sound of a 1.44mg disk churning out gaming goodness seems like a very distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Ah I miss the old 3 1/2 floppy. The distinct sound of a 1.44mg disk churning out gaming goodness seems like a very distant past.
    Lol, not so sure I miss that per se.

As a young'un, one of mates had this game called 'Toad Force' on the c64, Datasette version (that be from a cassette) and I remember we spent more time playing the game that loaded to occupy you while the main game loaded (yep, a game to pay during loading time) than the main game itself, which was really hard and not all that great. Nice graphics though.

This Thanks to Valks trip to Hong Kong. A little bit saddened that I didn't find it myself, but pleased I have it in my collection.

Not many more Transformer games to go now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    This Thanks to Valks trip to Hong Kong. A little bit saddened that I didn't find it myself, but pleased I have it in my collection.

Not many more Transformer games to go now XD
    That's pretty nuts man. There can't be many collectors out there with the same vintage TF game collection as yours.

Mystery of Comvoy? Does that mean you have the super rare spelling error boxed variant!?