Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

zOMG!! This was one of the most emotionally captivating and thrilling TF comics I've ever read! I nearly wanted to cry when the Senator turned and smiled at Orion Pax and said, "Remember me as I was." - and if that wasn't freaking heart-wrenching enough, the final page reveal... PHWOAR!!

lucky I have these all in standing order
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    zOMG!! This was one of the most emotionally captivating and thrilling TF comics I've ever read! I nearly wanted to cry when the Senator turned and smiled at Orion Pax and said, "Remember me as I was." - and if that wasn't freaking heart-wrenching enough, the final page reveal... PHWOAR!!
    Needless to say that we definitely require a new toy to be made for the aforementioned character, and there's an existing mould just waiting to be retooled/repainted again...

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I'ma gonna use TFA Longarm.

The Decepticons in #12 weren't either of the groups of Decepticons I was expecting. It's a shame we probably won't see much more of these guys (although Rodimus did say there was a brig-load of them) but the little throw away joke about Nautilator's voice was cute. It was an interesting choice that there were two instances in this issue where hearing the voice was important to what was going on. This first one was a joke, the second though a mystery. Who was talking to Chromedome?

I liked that they revealed the history of Rewind and Chromedome, although mysteries still remain. On first read I misinterpreted Cyclonus' look at the innermost Energon, but on second read the meaning was clearer. (Can I blame the fill-in artist for the after pages? Who did a good imitiation but, as with the annual, this book works best with Milne drawing all the pages)

The time shifting was done quite well and it made for a refreshing format change, although it's a little disconcerting to end at the middle of the story. Made me want to read what happens next, even though I'd just read what happens next in the last few pages.

The Autobots were a bit too battle ready/energon-hungry weren't they? I hope this gets addressed. The "peaceful" Autobots haven't really put the war behind them. Can they truly be at peace? How long will it take. It's interesting and new story material for Transformers. I really liked that Ultra Magnus was shown as a extremely good warrior, something that's easily overlooked with all his "duly appointed" etc comedy stuff.

Given the stuff in Rodimus' victory speech, and what else was going on, I don't think there was any life-threatening done to Swerve, but it was left a bit ambiguous for comfort.

Overall, I like that the first "Autobots vs Decepticons" issue of this series still focused on the characters and the aftermath of the battle more than the fight itself.

Paulbot that's a great summary mate. I can echo all of that except in the time since I picked it up yesterday I've read it over 10+ times. It makes the time jumps really work well the more I read it.

The first time though coming to Cyclonus protecting Rewind, the irony of the final few pages really hit me hard. Cyclonus, Chromedome, Rewind and Whirl have more stories. There will be pain there.

I agree on the battle ready-ness - it was very vicious wasn't it - like putting the last points of resistance down HARD. They took prisoners but man it was great background fighting to the character moments. Tailgate and Cyclonus are certainly precious and fantastic.

I thought Cahill did a great job of getting the emotions out of the eyes of characters, such as Chromedome, like Alex M does regularly. Can't wait for #13 and many rumored things coming later in 2013 (like a big UK epic style tale).
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Who was talking to Chromedome?
    Obvious answer would have been Red Alert, since he knows what is in the basement, but he is all sealed up. I'm sure it will tie into all the little facts we learnt about Chromedome, something about his weak spark or something, maybe voices in his mind from all the messing around he has done? Nothing is mentioned in these books for fun.

On first read I misinterpreted Cyclonus' look at the innermost Energon, but on second read the meaning was clearer.
    I don't know what it means, there's what I think it might mean, but I doubt that is correct. Cyclonus was only helping Tailgate clean up, not taking any of the innermost energon right? He is not that sort of bot.

The time shifting was done quite well and it made for a refreshing format change, although it's a little disconcerting to end at the middle of the story. Made me want to read what happens next, even though I'd just read what happens next in the last few pages.

The Autobots were a bit too battle ready/energon-hungry weren't they? I hope this gets addressed. The "peaceful" Autobots haven't really put the war behind them. Can they truly be at peace? How long will it take. It's interesting and new story material for Transformers. I really liked that Ultra Magnus was shown as a extremely good warrior, something that's easily overlooked with all his "duly appointed" etc comedy stuff.
    I see this as being the main driving force in a few years time worth of stories when the "Lost Light" comes home with a set of characters still in war mode, when possibly Cybertron is in peace/rebuild. Could lead to a new war not split along the old Con/Bot lines.

Given the stuff in Rodimus' victory speech, and what else was going on, I don't think there was any life-threatening done to Swerve, but it was left a bit ambiguous for comfort.
    Not 100% sure, but I think issue #13 may be a flashback, so Swerve may not be all that okay. The fact he didn't talk worries me. Perhaps if he is returned to the book, he will be a changed bot?

Overall, I like that the first "Autobots vs Decepticons" issue of this series still focused on the characters and the aftermath of the battle more than the fight itself.
    It's a nice change, and the variety in MtMte has been staggering. It is a quality book for so may reasons, but the way in which the characters are so consistently written in all these different story formats is brilliant.

I'll need to do another read through or thirty before I find everything slipped in here, but I really loved Cyclonus in this issue, he just does what needs to be done, while whirl is awesome too, but surely not long for this world.

On a final note, anyone else think that a brig full of Decepticons and an Overlord in the basement is not a recipe for disaster say in... 2-3 issues time?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Obvious answer would have been Red Alert,
    i have a feeling it is whoever took the Data Slug from Rung when he was in the medbay after Red Alert Visited.. it is obvious someone on the lost light Knew the whole time that overlord was imprisoned.

I don't know what it means, there's what I think it might mean, but I doubt that is correct. Cyclonus was only helping Tailgate clean up, not taking any of the innermost energon right? He is not that sort of bot.
    i think after his little dress down of tailgate he saw how much had been donated to Rewind and then maybe he realised what the gesture meant.

and did you notice Tailgates innermost Energon is Green....i wonder if that is to do with his age.

Not 100% sure, but I think issue #13 may be a flashback, so Swerve may not be all that okay. The fact he didn't talk worries me. Perhaps if he is returned to the book, he will be a changed bot?
    i hope he is not dead, Hot Rod did not mention it in his speach, Swerve has been one of the highlight of the book which 12 issues in has really suprised me how this character has become so prominant! i love the fact that MTMTE is giving life to character!

On a final note, anyone else think that a brig full of Decepticons and an Overlord in the basement is not a recipe for disaster say in... 2-3 issues time?
    i think that is what the big UK style event and judging b the solicit for #15

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #15
    James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Nick Roche (c)
    DEATH IN THE RANKS! Rodimus and his crew are confronted by the enemy within—and not everyone will survive the encounter. Everything has been building to this: all-out war aboard the Lost Light!
    Bullet points:
    • No one is safe!
    • The story that More Than Meets The Eye has been building to since issue one is here!

Cover
    we have one hell of a story coming.

this was a great issue!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i have a feeling it is whoever took the Data Slug from Rung when he was in the medbay after Red Alert Visited.. it is obvious someone on the lost light Knew the whole time that overlord was imprisoned.
    Which is probably someone only seen in the background (or Mirage! ).

I'd wager you are right, but I wonder if it will be another of Prowl's inside bots (Sure Shock and Ore were not his only two) a Con sleeper or someone else entirely?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Mirage is on Cybertron. James Roberts wanted him but he got snagged by John Barber.

I've seen people suggest Brainstorm could be the voice.

Also, here's the covers for #14 and #15 zomg!!!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett