View Poll Results: MP-11NR Ramjet worth buying?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 61.54%
  • Only if...

5 19.23%
  • Not worth it

2 7.69%
  • Not even interested

3 11.54%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-11NR Masterpiece Ramjet

Sell me your MP-11T :-P

Can't wait to get Ramjet myself (should be tomorrow... to work at least) but he was always my least fav of the coneheads.... Dirge my brother had, and the colour and little missiles were better than the huge clunky Ramjet had... I had Thrust.... forever the best!!!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Sell me your MP-11T :-P

Can't wait to get Ramjet myself (should be tomorrow... to work at least) but he was always my least fav of the coneheads.... Dirge my brother had, and the colour and little missiles were better than the huge clunky Ramjet had... I had Thrust.... forever the best!!!
    MP-11T is my current favorite seeker. I be getting rid of acid storm as my interest in it has faded.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I was skeptical whether to keep this or sell mine off. but hearing it from you, I think I will keep this and sell off one of my other seekers.
    I was worried after hearing the stories of misaligned shoulders and people getting two of the same sided missile pods and null rays, so i'm happy I got a good one!

But yeah, be careful with that white paint -- luckily there's so little of it anyway a few scratches aren't going to be noticeable, particularly if you're just going to display it.

Any more thoughts from people who have it? How is posing and articulation? Saw one person this morning on instagram feeling a bit negative about it. I can't be bothered checking tfw2005 forums for more opinions as that would probably be a 10 million post shitstorm of over the top praise vs over the top hatred

Got mine today. Don't know if I got a particularly bad one or what but some of the joints, particularly in the lower half of the body are loose making him a toppling hazard. The hands and the new parts are really tight tho. I would have liked to see a bit more thought put into the wings to make them feel sturdier as those joints on the wings to allow backward movement are kinda thin and tight and the leading part of the wing on the upper body could have used some addition remoulding to remove Starscream parts to give a little more strength.

But now I kinda wish they could go back to Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker and put the canopy inversion into those moulds, it just looks a little more cartoon accurate.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    The eyes are the same red as the wings... but they look darker since they're always in shadow because of his brow.

Spent a bit more time with it tonight and had my Starscream side by side to check the shoulder assembly as noted here.

It's definitely misassembled:

Thankfully it doesn't prevent transformation, but it was the cause of my transformation issues - you'll have a little trouble squeezing his hands past his groin, and have to forcibly attach the wings to the arms unfortunately.

I actually took apart both toys at the torso, to see if there was any remould on the sliding track mechanism (now that it stays in place better in robot mode). I could only see a ~2mm difference in one spot... not big enough to clearly photo. It didn't even really look like enough to make a difference, but something in there does!
    Mine looks like this too...is it something on all of them? Can it be fixed?

* I can't get that fuselage part with the air-brake thing on it to connect at the lower end, it just doesn't reach. And now those parts with the upper wings that connect to the arms just came right off. Hmm. Not a great first impression for transforming my first MP jet... :/

Is this shoulder assembly an issue with all of them?

I'm keeping mine in robot mode for display anyway (looks sweet with MP-11 Starscream, MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-11SW. I must get Sunstorm at some point) and I haven't checked the shoulders on Ramjet yet but I noticed that the launchers are facing in towards the cockpit rather than being straight ahead like the other MP-11s - exactly as you can see here.

Some people on TFW have gotten correctly assembled shoulders. I'm not sure what you mean by the launchers though, do you mean the null rays?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Some people on TFW have gotten correctly assembled shoulders. I'm not sure what you mean by the launchers though, do you mean the null rays?
    The flip up panels that reveal the missile racks, to the left and right of the cockpit in robot mode.

Hmm on my MP-11 they're pointing inwards too. I remember MP-6 or MP-7 had some cases of those things being the wrong way around but tbh i can't remember which way is right, but pointing inwards looks more correct to me!