Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    The Winter Soldier.
    Hope you been watching agents of shield :P

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sure have been

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    The Winter Soldier.

<Spoilers>

I was blown away by this movie! It was everything I hoped for and more.
    I enjoyed how it showcased more of Caps abilities than the previous First Avenger and Avengers, such as when they he gets aboard the pirate ship at the beginning and simply takes down almost everyone whilst running past them, it looked brutal and elegant at the same time.

The espionage and intrigue was also great, and I couldn't help but think of Civil War when SHIELD/HYDRA came after him. The cinema I saw it in was full of people who obviously didn't know who The Winter Soldier was, so when his mask came off it was revealed to be Bucky it was met with a unified 'Gasp!' and whisperings of 'OMG! It's his friend! It's Bucky!' something I haven't experienced at the movies in some time.

I also loved Sam and Steve's relationship, it felt great and natural to me, and Anthony Mackie looked fantastic as The Falcon!

4 Stars from, it would be 5 but, for reasons unknown to me, I found Black Widow to be kinda annoying in this one
    really black widow was the highlight for me :P

I knew "Sharknado" was going to be a bad film, going into it... but GOD DAMN!

In all seriousness, I would watch Birdemic over that utter waste of time any day! - At least James Nguyen was trying...

Captain America 2 was great. Really enjoyed it. Amazing Spider-Man 2 wasn't.

I saw the new Spidey flick this morning and the more I think about it the more I don't like it. There's all sorts of parallels that should be addressed and could be interesting but aren't because other random things come up. It's like the writers kept coming up with ideas but didn't follow them through and instead you get padding. And multiple super-villain origin stories in your film don't help.

My three favourite superhero movies are all second sequels - X-2, Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2(!) - and Thor 2 and Capt 2 were both really enjoyable so I guess my hopes/expectations were too high for Amazing 2 and they weren't met.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I knew "Sharknado" was going to be a bad film, going into it... but GOD DAMN!
    I watched it last night on Channel 99, for a second time, just because it is so bad... but that was the point of the movie. It was almost a parody of the "disaster" genre, by thinking up a disaster that is absurd. And that's why it is so funny. You keep laughing at each stupid thing that they throw in there, and then hate yourself for watching it.

The movie intentionally did "bad" so well, that it actually had more viewers on the second screening, and even more on the third in America.

It is so unique, that it has spawned a sequel... and even the title plays up on it too - "Sharknado 2: The Second One".

Still trying to forget that Sharknado movie

Saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 (or Spader-Man if you frequent any of the local flea markets ) on the weekend just passed; I give it a solid 6.5 / 10. Better than the first, but still a bit of a disappointment. Should've checked out Captain America based on the opinions above.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Watched Walter Mitty and World War Z -- ho hum....

Cap 2: Great action scenes but lacking in story. Could have expanded more on relationships between characters. Great popcorn watch the action movie. 8/10

Lego movie. Great. Suburb. The ending threw me off but by the time it had finished I could not think of a better way to end. The ending may throw you out of the story but then it all wraps up nicely. Will watch it again on dvd. 10/10.

I never thought I'd see a bad marvel movie. Please give me back Toby's Spiderman. Rise of Electro was terrible. The movie was in a constant boring tangent. Spoilers don't read if you don't want to know some things... : There was no real main antagonist, all horrible death scenes. The movie ends in a fight scene. Chemistry between Peter and Gwen was lost compared to the first one. Green Goblin when he speaks, just makes you crack up at how bad the voice is. The voice was like a 5 year old pretending to talk evil as a joke. I'm not even going to go further, it just makes me angry. Especially after how good the first one was.

The graphics and costume designs were fantastic though.

3/10 for me. I went in with no hopes, after hearing what everyone said. I came out with even less hopes. Role on Guardians of the Galaxy to give me a real marvel fix!