Thread: IDW Primacy preview

Default IDW Primacy preview

Newsrama have posted up a preview (mirrored here) of the first issue out this week at comic stores.
    It is the third part of the story started with Autocracy and Monstrocity, but I guess Primacy isn't being released as a digital exclusive first like the other two were.

After reading the first issue, I am liking where this is going, if certain characters had stayed put, it would have felt very rehashed from Autocracy.

Art is what it is, I personally like it and think it suits the tone of the series, the double page spread and final page are gorgeous, I'd actually like a larger version of that last page to something around A3 size. The art is not not everyone's cup of tea so it won't be for everyone.

I was on the IDW boards and there were some posters who think they have found what would amount to an enormous plot hole; however, I believe it has been done intentionally and even (to me) reads as if a cover story is in place.

Overall a solid start with an interesting premise but it relies heavily on readers reading the previous series (which is fair enough as it is more-or-less, part 3 of a trilogy), I look forward to seeing where it goes.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So... it wasn't released as a digital exclusive first, like the previous two parts?
    If not, it seems strange not to keep to the trend. Unless their sales figures were not great for the first two?

It was simultaneous this time around, like their other releases. Not sure why, I had no problem with a digital and trade only release, saves on shelf space!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)