Page 18 of 168 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed he does & bloody oath mine arrived!
    (Initial phone pics until a proper shoot )

Ooh! - Looking forward to your written review dude!
    Awesome pics Hursti and congratulations on your Giant! Let us know what you think of the set

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

@kup, looking forward to a review, although Im not interested in getting it personally, Id still like to read and look at the pretty pics about it.
    Did the photo shoot - Ended up with 50 pics lol! Now I need to work out which ones I want to keep and that's the hardest part!

Got my Art Feather Bumblebee and I have to say this is the best Classic or G1 Bumblebee available. Art Feather have really captured the G1 look and feel of the alt mode whilst unashamedly using hasbro/takaras classic transformation.

In the box you get Bumblebee, a small spike figure, a toolbox, bumblebees particle decelerator, 2 x alt hands, collectible coin, stat card, sticker sheet, and instructions

The overall package is a blatant transformers rip with autobot logos and animated screen shots

The figure itself is gorgeous
    + Great paint job, yellow is vibrant, apps look great and chrome is perfect
    + Plastic feels great and not a cheap ripoff
    + I <3 NY number plate
    + Rubber tires
    + Tight joints. Not 1 lose
    + Detail like side mirrors, rear and front lights, windscreen wipers
    + Size inline with MP10
    + Looks great next to classics cliffjumper and takara Goldbug however bee is slightly taller

- Wheels don't spin freely
    - Bad English bio translation
    - Price

Overall: as previously stated, this is the best G1 Bumblebee available and is a must to replace classics bee in your collection and hasbro should take note of the quality and paint apps. I would imagine that hasbro will have this pulled from the market very soon as Art Feather do not even try to cover up ripping of hasbros trademark. Get it now

9.5/10
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Grind Rod has arrived!

Strangely enough, the box art does not remotely hint anything about a combiner mode :/ just a preview of their Aurora (Searchlight) release.

The Renderfrom minibot head upgrades have arrived! 9 months in the waiting

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    *snip*
    Oh wow! - That's pretty cool man, the alt mode reminds me a lot of the Gobot figure but that's a fairly well executed kit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Awesome pics Hursti and congratulations on your Giant! Let us know what you think of the set
    Many thanks man ,

My thoughts basically are as follow:
    • Larger than initially expected.
    • Great individual Alt & Bot modes.
    • Both modes give me an extreme sense & feeling of the G1/Diaclone toys with 'stepped up' layers of articulation, engineering, mold crispness & detailing.
    • Transformations are initially quite fiddly with each figure being their own adventure in varying difficulty.
    • Gestalt Compromisation is surprisingly minimal if not nigh-nonexistent.
    • Gestalt Combination points are really well executed & are sufficiently solid, limbs survive the 'shake' test.
    • Constructing Giant is quite a joy with balance & weight distribution well handled and ending with a very satisfying head reveal.
    • Giant's Articulation & Poseability is exactly what I like in a modern Combiner & is a clear evolution from FansProject's Colossus, brilliantly displaying what a 3rd Party combiner is capable of.
    • I quite like how 'Bonecrusher' & 'Scavenger' essentially become 'Shoulder Pads' as it really helps with arm articulation & shows that MakeToys' engineers are looking at other toylines (Like S.H. Figuarts perhaps) to solve certain design challenges.
    • I really-really like the new head & don't see the "Derp-face" alot of others seem to, all I see is a King of Braves - GaoGaiGar homage and that sits with me very nicely.

The silhouette, gate & presence of these figures along with Giant completely negate any annoyances I had with the waiting time I had with this set; I absolutely love Giant & Co and I feel very satisfied with the $350 I paid for him, the 6 weeks of saving was well worth it.

Grind Rod has arrived!

*snip*

Strangely enough, the box art does not remotely hint anything about a combiner mode :/ just a preview of their Aurora (Searchlight) release.
    Oh wow! - What are your thoughts on Grind Rod dude, I personally think the idea of these Throttlebots combining is completely forgettable as the figures themselves look utterly fantastic!

Just some little things from Chimungmung

KO White Bumblebee (coz I can't afford an original E-Hobby Bugbite )
    KO 4 gb "ravage" USB stick - this one is really obvious as it is quite bigger than a normal USB stick. LAstly a KO FP commander upgrade set

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Great gets dude! I've got one of those "ravage" usbs, they're great! You'd be astounded how easy it is to enthrall a class of students by showing them a usb stick that then transforms into a "jaguar"

I also love that white 'bee, it reminded me of Herbie! There's actually a kit you can get from bubbleformer.com that allows you to make you own version.

http://www.angelfire.com/ia2/lange/i...herbiedisk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    http://chimungmung.com This is the place to go. RK wont stock it. Think its because it has the Bee name and Autobot name.... as well as other things. It also comes with that Spike figure! Hasbro wont be happy But I am. Some one has to do it right.
    Thanks for the tip on chimungmung, i had never heard of it but just checked it out and my credit card sure has heard of it now !!!!

Grind Rod has arrived!

*snip*

Looking forward to your review on Grind Rod. Hopefully you didn't encounter the minimal QC issues that these two reviewers ran into:
    http://tformers.com/transformers-toy...8852/news.html
    http://tformers.com/transformers-toy...8851/news.html