Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    is Manson still a chunky guy?
    Wasn't close enough to the stage (was sitting closer to stage 2 in the stands waiting for Slipknot) so couldn't tell. What I will say is that his set was the worst of the entire day. The guy girl whatever he is just didn't seem to care and the crowd responded in kind with the biggest roar reserved for the smoke machine testing going on over on stage 2. Anyway, what does he care... he probably got a couple of million just for showing up.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Wasn't close enough to the stage (was sitting closer to stage 2 in the stands waiting for Slipknot) so couldn't tell. What I will say is that his set was the worst of the entire day. The guy girl whatever he is just didn't seem to care and the crowd responded in kind with the biggest roar reserved for the smoke machine testing going on over on stage 2. Anyway, what does he care... he probably got a couple of million just for showing up.
    Sad that he has fallen so far though, I absolutely love Holywood and Golden-age of Grotesque but unfortunately I never had the opportunity to see him during that period.

biggest highlight from Manson for me was seeing a fat underage kid smuggling in drugs and getting his ass kicked by security at his concert.

good times...

Saw Manson 10 + years ago & even as a fan (then) he simply sux live. He has no idea on how to deliver I am afraid.

I strongly encourage anyone attending Soundwave to see Cro Mags. You will not be disappointed in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I strongly encourage anyone attending Soundwave to see Cro Mags. You will not be disappointed in any way shape or form.
    Would of been keen if they were doing a sideshow in Sydney. Oh well, Cathedral/Paradise Lost sideshow tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikato View Post
    Would of been keen if they were doing a sideshow in Sydney. Oh well, Cathedral/Paradise Lost sideshow tomorrow night.
    Lucky they are doing one in Melbourne tomorrow. Cro Mags & Hatebreed will make a good night out.

Anyone off to any of the remaining soundwaves check out Gojira!

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Cro Mags & Hatebreed will make a good night out.
    It sucks that I wasn't able to see Hatebreed at Soundwave... while festivals are great, 11 stages with 90+ bands in 11 hours, there is always going to be some bands you miss out on
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Bought a cd from JB Hifi yesterday, just for the hell of it. Never knew who they were. And wow, fantastically underrated band from the late 70's and 80's. Sadly they broke up early 90's due to record company execs being a bunch of twats.

For fans of Maiden or Priest, these guys are great.

A track that I found epically awesome from first listen was this. Cirith Ungol - Fallen Idols

so Soundwave may not happen in Claremont in Perth next year