Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old fan....new to the board

Default Old fan....new to the board

Hi all

Older fan from way back. Loved the franchise since '84 and haven't really let go since

Currently had a bit more of a rekindle due to my five year olds sparked interest. We have both be watching the Gen one cartoon from ep 1 and he's completely hooked (much to my delight)

In any case, looking forward to being active here and enjoying all the geekiness

Anthony

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I love reading stories like these.

Welcome, and I hope your and your child have many happy years of sharing the joy and fun that is Transformers together.

Went so far as to give him a TRU mp 10 optimus for his recent 'transformers theme' birthday party. He was desperate for a gen one prime so I thought.... Ah screw it...he can have it

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How did he handle the toy?

We're mostly adult collectors (obviously) so sometimes we lose sight and perspective of the child's experience.

Masterpiece figures have been a bit of a point of contention. They're hard to find, considered expensive, and collector oriented, so much more likely to have fiddly bits, bits that may not handle stress that well etc.

Even though, ironically, they're still more durable than the G1 toys we played with as a kid!

How did your son find the toy? Does he understand it? Can he transform it by himself? Does he enjoy it, and does he utilise the extras with the set, like the little Spike figurine, Prime's extra weapon, etc. Has he broken anything, or complained about it any way?

How would you rate your son's happiness with the toy?

And as the parent buying it, how happy were you with it, in terms of quality and value, and suitability? Was it the same satisfying experience for your son that you yourself felt when you got Prime almost 30 years ago?

*If you don't mind answering, of course. It's just not a perspective we get to see very often, and I'm very interested in hearing what you've got to say.

Hello there .... Great to hear that your back into it now with your child...and what a lucky kid!! I would love to see your face when he was transforming it for the first time!!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.

Truth be told I think he's too young for the toy. It's quite complex to transform and prob geared more toward the 30 year old kid

However, he adores it. He loves prime and when we had a look at all the optimus available he was adamant; he want the optimus that came w a trailer and gun and more to the point the one that came with spike and roller. "Look dad it even comes with spike and roller!!!!!"

Had no choice, had to buy.....it's now his prize possession. He can't transform it, but really enjoys playing with it. The size he can cope with and the articulation is something he can handle ok

All in all happy I bought it for him

Thanks for the welcome btw. Looks to be a good board

Now how do I become active?

Hello and welcome. Always good to have another member

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Now how do I become active?
    Patience grasshopper. Rules and rankings are here if you're interested
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cheers thanks

I hope I pass......