Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old fan....new to the board

Hello there

Megatron Guest

Hi and welcome!

Hi and welcome fellow cybertronian...

Glad to hear your son is an upcoming protoform.... i have two boys as well and the youngest loves my Prime/BH figures.....

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Cheers guys.....feeling the welcome love

Yeah pretty surprised how much my son has taken to the franchise, I think the movie product at Kmart had got him interested in the cars that can turn into robots....but when u break it all down the concept itself lends itself to a boys imagination. I'm just glad he really digs gen one

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Truth be told I think he's too young for the toy. It's quite complex to transform and prob geared more toward the 30 year old kid

However, he adores it. He loves prime and when we had a look at all the optimus available he was adamant; he want the optimus that came w a trailer and gun and more to the point the one that came with spike and roller. "Look dad it even comes with spike and roller!!!!!"

Had no choice, had to buy.....it's now his prize possession. He can't transform it, but really enjoys playing with it. The size he can cope with and the articulation is something he can handle ok

All in all happy I bought it for him
    That's interesting that he wanted that one so badly.

At least it's a toy that he can still play with in a few years time and not feel like it's a 'baby's' toy.

Very cool to hear.

Truth be told I think he's too young for the toy. It's quite complex to transform and prob geared more toward the 30 year old kid
    Close. The Hasbro packaging doesn't denote this, but if you have any Takara(TOMY) Masterpiece Transformers from Japan, somewhere on the fine print you'll see the words 対象年齢15歳以上, which means "For Ages 15 and Up." The same on Binaltech, KISS Play, Alternity, G1 reissues etc. and various other lines that Hasbro considers "high end" and exclusively market to older collectors rather than children. The main advantage of them doing this w/ the G1 reissues is that it exempts them from child safety laws, which is why Japanese reissues have the small missiles from G1, but with super strong missile launchers! (whereas original G1 TFs have weak launchers, and Hasbro's reissues either have lengthened missiles or disabled launchers).

Had no choice, had to buy.....it's now his prize possession. He can't transform it, but really enjoys playing with it. The size he can cope with and the articulation is something he can handle ok

All in all happy I bought it for him
    Glad to hear that the toy is being well loved.

My fear about a MP falling in the hands of a child would be that the toy wouldn't be appreciated by the child, but that doesn't seem to be the case with your son. And sure, he may need help for now -- but he'll get the hang of it soon enough. As Toy Story teaches us, unloved and unplayed toys become eeevil!!

See that's bizarre

On the toys r us package it's ages 5 +

And as I have mentioned its really not a 5 yr old toy. My boy appears to be an exception due to his love for the franchise. I wouldn't be giving this to the average 5-7 yr old...the value would just not be there

Yeah, Hasbro markets it as Ages 5+, I guess because they don't want to restrict the sales of the toy only to mature collectors. But Takara(TOMY) markets it at Ages 15 and Up, and it's Takara(TOMY) who have designed all the Masterpiece Transformer toy moulds thus far -- Hasbro basically releases their own version later on and are happy to let kids be totally stumped by a toy that was originally intended to be played by teens and adults.

If you have any Japanese Masterpiece toys, have a look around the legal blurb and you'll see 対象年齢15歳以上 or 対象年齢15才以上 (Ages 15+) -- even if you can't read Japanese at all you'll be able to see the Hindu-Arabic numerals "15" in the middle of a string of Kanji. This is Amazon Japan's page for Masterpiece Bluestreak, and if you look beneath the main image under "Product Features" the second dot point says 対象年齢 :15歳から (Age range: from age 15)

Hi,
    Welcome to the boards fellow TF fan.

Welcome to ozformers.