Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 11th October 2017, 07:00 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
I don't know what the hell is going on now. I think westpac has confused themselves with my 5 disputes. I replied in an email saying I am fighting the refund for a separate unrelated order. I rang on a couple of days ago on Monday for an update. The person this time said that they located this partial refund and I need to dispute if I want to fight. I told them I already did that and they said no that was for a different dispute I need to do it again. They said they haven't raised the chargeback for the one I thought I had to fight even though I got an email saying they were? I already received a temporary credit for the dispute the person is now saying the merchant is fighting.

Now today I have seen one email stating I have been refunded twice for a dispute and they will go ahead and reverse a refund even though I haven't!!??
And worse they sent another email saying they have completed their investigation and are closing the file on one dispute because it was not within the timeframe required. This is the one that they initially said was being fought against by the merchant but then another person said it wasn't. This is getting crazy. I am going to have to ring them on my break at work tomorrow

You should go by case number and always double check the time of transaction is on dispute. I had one which they dispute on a case which was already disputed and luckily I picked that up and corrected the bank on the spot.

They then redo the dispute and give a new case no.

Don't let it get to you, because I been there and I know it's frustrating.

Clear it up one by one and take note of each case number and clear it one by one.

I always have a piece of paper with the transaction amount, and time of transaction ready when clarification is required.
Old 11th October 2017, 08:23 PM

Sounds like Westpac are really giving you a hard time philby, if this continues you may wish to seek help from the Australian Financial Ombudsman Service.
https://www.fos.org.au/
Sometimes when the banks screw up they'd rather just sweep it under the rug, which is what it sounds like they're trying to do with your case, but like drifand said dont give up and take things bit by bit and hopefully you'll get it sorted
Old 11th October 2017, 10:00 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I see PC has the over $300 God Fire Convoy reissue listed for $169.95. What a joke. I hope people stop getting suckered in by them.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
I see PC has the over $300 God Fire Convoy reissue listed for $169.95. What a joke. I hope people stop getting suckered in by them.
Wow not only (nearly) 50% off the official RRP but he's also giving people that order free copies of The Last Knight on DVD. What a bargain, seems too good to be true!

I seriously hope people dont fall for this scam, but sadly a lot probably will, especially if they are only looking at the prices and see this is $100+ cheaper then every other toy store
Old 12th October 2017, 09:14 AM

A lot of people think they be safe from a credit card transaction and we all have learned this the hard way.
Old 12th October 2017, 10:23 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Ok so I have upgraded things now to a formal Local Court claim against PC. If you are interested in joining then send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the details.
Sales Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 10:26 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Ok so I have upgraded things now to a formal Local Court claim against PC. If you are interested in joining then send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the details.
Still NSW only? Still only for people who haven't filed disputes?
Old 12th October 2017, 11:29 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I guess the FAQ is a welcome development, but the selling of "leftover" Hot Toys stock begs the question: How accurate is their estimate of the leftover stock? And what happens if they fall short?

I guess we know the answer to that one. And those who pay for priority shipping have the best chance of actually getting the product.
Old 12th October 2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguard Ace View Post
I guess the FAQ is a welcome development, but the selling of "leftover" Hot Toys stock begs the question: How accurate is their estimate of the leftover stock? And what happens if they fall short?
It's not accurate at all, the "leftover stock" that they are selling is completely unsecured. In fact here's a quote (edited to remove any details that might be considered "sensitive") that explains how it works
Quote:
something most arent aware of....not all the releases will reach this second tier. Sideshow dominates the market to such a degree and local suppliers take the rest.
Therefore not alot of stock hits the 2nd tier, and in some cases none does. It depends on the licence as some are limited runs, others are massive shipments and some stay in manufacture for a long period of time
So anyone that preorders HotToys stock from PC is definitely not ordering an item that has been secured and should be prepared to never get what they paid for (though that's a given when dealing with PC).
It's probably also illegal for PC to offer preorders in this sort of situation where he has no stock secured and might not get any at all.
But hey wouldnt be the first time Scott's taken money for stock that he hasnt ordered/secured and will never try to deliver.
Probably wont be be the last either.

Oh yeah and to answer the question "what happens if they fall short?", well first I think you mean "when" lol.
Bascially the same thing that's happened to every other customer that has ordered something from PC; endless excuses about "delays", silence when you demand your item or money back, then more people going to the bank to do chargebacks
Old 12th October 2017, 12:10 PM

On top of that if you dispute one transaction it actually defaults all remaining orders as void.
I been waiting of eta to pass for no reason. Technically pc was to refund all my remaining outstanding orders regardless ofveta as there is no intention to fulfil my orders.

Those in nsw should seek Raiders help if you still have not dispute.