Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs-Ghostbusters crossover toy Ectotron

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    That looks pretty amazing. And I am 99% sure that this was hintes at or rumoured in another post somewhere a while ago.

That would be this rumour back in September of a Ghostbusters MP10 Optimus. If it was this toy, the rumour was a little off.

Very tempted. Very. :O

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I mistakenly thought it's name was Ectotron, but looking on the box, that's its "allegiance", and the bot's actual name is Ecto-1.
    That seems a little lazy or lame.... I know it is the number plate, but I think it should have a better, or original name, as it doesn't sound very good when you try to roleplay it in conversation (someone calling for him, or being referred to).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Granted it's no Eleanor or The General Lee as far as awesome names go, but it think Ecto 1's fine.

People were raging about Blitzwing in the Bumblebee movie, can you imagine the response if they chose to call it anything but Ecto 1? I'd say licensing rights also played a part in the matter too.
    Ectotron is eh. An alliance of 1? Yeah...
    Ecto-1 was always the vehicles name, it wasn’t just on the licence plate. In the cartoon they would always say ‘We need to get to Ecto-1 and check it out’ , not ‘lets get in the car’.

All the Ghostbusters vehicles have been named Ecto. From Ecto-2 the helicopter they often used in the animated series right through to Ecto-8 the boat they used in the video game and comic.

It wouldn’t make any sense for this toy to be given a different name, and could piss off a lot of purist fans

bowspearer Guest

What possessed Hasbro to go down this route I wonder. I imagine the haters will look at this and thinks it looks ghastly (and I wonder if this post will have a ghost of a chance).

This is SOOOO bought!!!

RK $50 USD
    Shipping June 1st
    Limit 1 per customer.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    What possessed Hasbro to go down this route I wonder. I imagine the haters will look at this and thinks it looks ghastly (and I wonder if this post will have a ghost of a chance).
    Booooo

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    It's a retool of CW Hot Spot/Onslaught yeah?
    I'm not seeing it?

I think Ecto-1 is the perfect name, I was a bit disappointed when I first thought it was called Ectotron.

It's retailing for about US$40 in the US, I guess if it comes out here, we'll be looking at between $60 ad $70. I really hope it does, they could sell hundreds of thousands of these.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm not seeing it?
    Look at the chest panel, the leg joints and if you use a tiny bit of imagination with the front halves of the car being on newly added joints, the shoulders.

Galvatran Guest

I’m not seeing it also.