Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Target Toy Sale 21 June - 11 July

Aha, yeah it's dumb but I still like to check though, I usually scan sale items before I head up to the counter.

Can you forgive me for feeling mislead by their advertising though? because the catalogue lists a "Mechtech deluxe" for $14, the store doesn't have any for this advertised price but they DO have an item with "Mechtech deluxe" on the packaging tagged at $20 in store.

Anyway, I'm not much more awake now but I'm thinking the $14 ones were meant to be the target exclusive glyph series?

I did buy some botshots and princess ponies instead though.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

It should be for the Movie Deluxes, as the sample image is just the regular Wave 1 Bumblebee from the DotM series.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Aha, yeah it's dumb but I still like to check though, I usually scan sale items before I head up to the counter.
    Not dumb at all, I do that all the time. And did it last night with one of every TFPrime size class. The first wave DOTM deluxes were new stock for the store at the end of an aisle with the other TF sale items and that cheaper price on the shelf tags.

The only catch is maybe it's just wave one figures programmed in with the sale price, not wave 2/3? Maybe.

(Would love to get a Space Case for $14 but haven't seen those exclusives anywhere in ages)

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Hey guys, I went to target tonight and the Mechtech deluxe advertised for $14 in the catalogue, are ticketed on shelf and ringing up at $20 in store.

I asked a salesperson to confirm what they were advertising for $14, they tried to tell me it was the TF Prime Deluxes (they're not, they still rang up at $28).

Couldn't be bothered to straighten this out tonight just for laserbeak, and I had other stuff to do. I might go back tomorrow after I check my postbox.
    This happened to me too... Laserbeak scanned in as $20, but Jolt scanned in as the advertised $14. I was only after the Laserbeak, so I took the catalogue to the check out counter and used it to get Laserbeak for $14. I pointed out the "mechtech" label on the front of the pack and the "deluxe" on the side (spelling out it was a mechtech deluxe).

Maybe someone's put in the wrong code for only Laserbeak?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I didn't try scanning in a DOTM Deluxe tonight. I took the shelf tag at its word.

The Melbourne city store only had wave one DOTM deluxes. Except for this oddity. Randomly sitting loose in the book section.

Apart from the Prime Weaponisers, the other Prime toys scanned it at full price.

The Lego R2D2 was the hot item tonight.
    I was so close to buying the original Topspin mold which I already have but at the $14 price it's too hard to resist. Then I saw this photo and remembered that I have this toy as well. Guess I don't need to waste money then :^)

This sale was pretty decent, even with TFs. Picked up the Daredevil HA boxset with the Silver BB. Yes I know I said before that I don't like BB repaints but this is one of the rare ones that I do quite fancy.

Since the 20% off applies to all Lego, I picked up 3 of the new LotR sets - Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks and The Mines of Moria. Once I get Weathertop I'll have a complete Fellowship, plus Gollum, some orcs and a Cave Troll.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    Since the 20% off applies to all Lego, I picked up 3 of the new LotR sets - Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks and The Mines of Moria. Once I get Weathertop I'll have a complete Fellowship, plus Gollum, some orcs and a Cave Troll.
    Bought those three a few weeks ago. You won't be disappointed. Over stickers perhaps, but not disappointed!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Had a few of the deluxe DOTM players in my hand last night, but looking at them and remembering that the movie sucked balls i put them back. The shops will have to take another $10 off before i buy any movie crap!

Ended up buying a bunch of Lego stuff from Myer for the kids and nothing from Target. Apparently only had 12 of the UCS R2 allocated to the store. And can't even order it online, you can online layby it for a November delivery.

Bait and switch bastards.

Target has a "2nd Big Week" Toy Sale Catalogue with a few items discounted not on the previous catalogue.

Transformers Kreo: Bumblebee (big version) and Starscream are 1/2 price at $16 each. (page 5)

Good price for those curious.