Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 74848990919293949596979899104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by defenderoz View Post
    Any ideas on a price for Generations Drift? I have one to sell.
    On here, I've seen the loose but complete ones range from $10 to maybe $40. I was after one for a while too and think I picked one up for $15 or $20.

Quote Originally Posted by defenderoz View Post
    Any ideas on a price for Generations Drift? I have one to sell.
    Loose Complete = $20
    Mint Sealed = $30

General Rule of Thumb is to look at the original RRP for toys and work from there. Unless the toy is exceptionally rare (e.g. limited exclusive etc.) and in high demand, then they rarely command above RRP even on the aftermarket. Law of supply and demand blah blah blah.

Legends (old) = $7
    Scout = $15
    Commander/Legends (new) = $20
    Deluxe = $30
    Voyager = $50
    Leader = $100

These are all based on the assumption that the toy is mint sealed. Reduce prices accordingly if the toy is loose complete, and obviously reduce further if the toy is incomplete etc. And even then, you may not get any bites straight away due to the nature of this community - i.e. long time collectors who usually buy the toys we want straight away and thus rarely purchase off the secondary market. Basically there is a low demand for secondary market toys among long term collectors. I'm currently trying to sell no fewer than two loose complete Deluxes at $10 below RRP, but I'm prepared to be patient.

Collecting toys generally sucks as a form of financial investment. All of us here do it out of the love of playing with these toys, but we generally aren't making massive profits out of it. If you're looking to invest then I recommend looking at stock market shares or real estate.

Does anyone know what the YOTS stuff is going for nowdays. Ebay is all over the show. Cheers

I'm looking at selling MP-04 Convoy and MP-05 Megatron, they've got their Takara boxes, manuals etc and are generally in great condition.

There is the usual amount of weathering on their die cast areas, and I noticed Optimus has a small silver plastic pipe on the back of his leg that has broken at some stage.

What kind of price do they go for these days, eBay isn't being much help?

Is there much interest for the DW G1 comics? Got a stack I'd like to get rid of, but Ebay prices are all over the place with quite a difference between the US and AU prices. Not really sure what I should be aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
    I'm looking at selling MP-04 Convoy and MP-05 Megatron, they've got their Takara boxes, manuals etc and are generally in great condition.

There is the usual amount of weathering on their die cast areas, and I noticed Optimus has a small silver plastic pipe on the back of his leg that has broken at some stage.

What kind of price do they go for these days, eBay isn't being much help?
    Guessing $250 - $300 for Mp04 maybe $150- $200 for megs. Anyone else feel happy to correct me ?

What would be the going rate for a G1 Scorponok? Presumably complete and good condition.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    Does anyone know what the YOTS stuff is going for nowdays. Ebay is all over the show. Cheers
    Seconded. I am looking at swapping out my YOTG Soundwave when the reissue arrives in December.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    What would be the going rate for a G1 Scorponok? Presumably complete and good condition.
    Around $400 I reckon.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Is there much interest for the DW G1 comics? Got a stack I'd like to get rid of, but Ebay prices are all over the place with quite a difference between the US and AU prices. Not really sure what I should be aiming for.
    Not a whole lot I imagine, I've been collecting a few but I've never spent more than a couple dollars an issue, when I've paid for them. Some are a bit fancier and probably worth more.
    I'm not sure that I'm looking for any myself. I was trying to finish off their energon/armada series that never made it to trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Around $400 I reckon.
    I bought one from a member here a few years ago for about $280. some chrome wear but otherwise very good condition.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)