3 21.43%
  • No

2 14.29%
  • Not even interested

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Hound

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I reckon Turbomaster Scorch would be a good fit, if they wanted a left-field repaint (well, not that left-field, I think Botcon did it before).
    I think Trailcutter would work better as Scorch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    But the original Classics Hound was one of those rare figures that never got a proper repaint, for some reason, so it could happen again.
    Hound's a darn hard figure to repaint as a recognisable character, which may be why he's one of the later characters to be done as an MP Car. The only one I can think of is Detritus, but perhaps not enough fans are aware of this character or would necessarily want to get a Detritus repaint. It'll be interesting to see if MP Hound gets redecoed as another character. I'd personally consider getting an MP Detritus.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think the colour scheme and paint in general is better than the previous CHUG Hound, I found the green too light on that one.
    The colours on the previous CHUG Hound looks fine to me.

More photos of the older Hound here; but yeah, I'm happy enough with my current Hound that I don't feel the urge to grab Siege Hound. But Siege Hound is still a very nice figure in its own right. Definitely recommended if you don't already own a CHUG Hound.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The colours on the previous CHUG Hound looks fine to me.
    Yep, and thats fine. Personally I wanted something of a darker hue which is what we seem to be getting here.

Fair enough. As I said, it's a wonderful toy in its own right and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I generally cannot wait for Siege to hit local stores.
    #justtakeourmoney

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm a fan of this figure and I do like his colours better, however I really dislike how "breakable" his legs can be in transformation.

I'm always a soft touch, so I can only imagine what would happen with some heavy handed people or, more to the point kids.

I think Trailcutter would work better as Scorch.
    It'll be interesting to see if MP Hound gets redecoed as another character. I'd personally consider getting an MP Detritus.
    I reckon MP Hound would much sooner get a + redeco of some kind.
    Regarding the Siege toy, perhaps a retool. Swindle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I reckon MP Hound would much sooner get a + redeco of some kind.
    Regarding the Siege toy, perhaps a retool. Swindle?
    Was thinking of getting this Hound but since I already have the Henkei/Universe version I won't.

Swindle would be a good repaint only with a different head sculpt.

Galvatran Guest

COG
    *snipity snip*
    That's one heck of a transformation!

----------------
    What is the 5-point star suppose to represent on Cybertron?

I don't really know how to feel about this.

I feel like this just doesn't have the build quality that the WFCS Sideswipe I bought has. The elbows are kind of loose and the shoulders don't fully plug in on mine. They sit where they're meant to, but they don't lock in any meaningful way, even with just friction. I also dislike how the arms don't really lock in anywhere in alt mode.

On the other hand, I love the weapons (and especially the magazine for the longer gun) and the transformation is nifty, arms aside.

I don't dislike it, but when photos came out this was the figure I was expecting to like the most of wave 1. That hasn't come to pass.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'd heard a lot of praise so I was expecting something pretty great. There are some pleasant enough elements to the transformation, but I can't get over the dodgy arms under the alt mode. Aside from that I do think he's pretty solid though.

Not really sure what the appeal of this figure is. The more pics I see of him the more he looks like a massive step backwards from Henkei/Universe Hound. :/
    The headsculpt is nice though. Puts him ahead of CW Hound at least.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2