Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: MP45 Bumblebee 2.0 (cartoon version)

If a new ‘Bee mould brings us the possibility of Cliffjumper and a few others, I’d be happy with it. I mean, I’ll get the repaints but more than happy with MP-21 as Bumblebee.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Chibi version?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Another Bumblebee seems stupid, when there are plenty of other characters yet to be done, and an existing Bumblebee mould that didn't really fly off the shelves (it is one I often see in HK when finding MPs in the toy stores).
    The only reason I'd see them doing another Bumblebee, is if the vehicle mode was sculpted more like the original toy (and to an extend, the cartoon, which looked more compact than a real VW)... as that deformed vehicle mode appearance to the original Bumblebee / Cliffjumper / Hubcap / Bumper toys could be easier to do as a single base mould with alternate vehicle panels. And that deformed (squished) vehicle mode that isn't a replica, might not require licensing either.

The TFW2005 forum says it is supervised (ie developed) with Volkswagen. I really can’t see TT trying to dodge the licensing issue, given the iconic design of the Beetle. Plus trying to do a sneaky will no doubt harm the working relationship between the two companies.

I don’t see the need for Bumblebee 2.0 as others have pointed out, I just wish TT would focus their efforts on other characters. And I feel each MP announcement will result in a focus on the jump in price rather than the design of the toy.

The problem once again with Cliff and Hubcap is they are Porsches. Takara Tomy has said they use their Tomica licences with car manufacturers to do the MP line. Tomica has made Porsches in recent years, but no Porsche Transformers have come of it.

My best guesses at this point are Porsche is still holding onto that old "war toys" fear of theirs and VW's (note that VW got over it). Or they still are not entirely done with their snobbish attitude towards some forms of licensing. Or they are simply wanting way too much money from Takara Tomy for Porsche based Transformers to go ahead.

As a motorsports fan, I really find Porsche still utterly bewildering at times with their decisions. It's like they actively want to push away some of their fans.

Now that TFSource has MP-45 Bumble v2 on preorder at USD 120, and BBTS has a page to advertise an upcoming preorder, I guess this isn't a rumour anymore. Can't wait for the prototype reveal.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Now that TFSource has MP-45 Bumble v2 on preorder at USD 120, and BBTS has a page to advertise an upcoming preorder, I guess this isn't a rumour anymore. Can't wait for the prototype reveal.
    Early days but it's an Ozformers Awards top contender for Best Worst Global Transformers-related news of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Early days but it's an Ozformers Awards top contender for Best Worst Global Transformers-related news of 2019.
    Lol. Early days, and we already have anime accurate MP BB v2 and MP-18+ Bluestreak. What are the chances of Seekers v2 for initial RRP of Y35000.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Not always. The online stores are so competitive, they will list up pre-orders as early as they can, because they know that most people (like with home loans), will usually just stick with where they end up first, if it isn't significantly more than other places.

The online stores get guaranteed sales if the item ends up being true, and the customers are happy to have secured one before the pre-orders sell out.
    Until somewhere posts up official releases images or official details, or it is announced by an official source, it remains unconfirmed. (often, soon after there is a leak, Hasbro or TakaraTomy will release official info to stay ahead of it)

TagHobby has released a bit more info:

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/345162

TAKARATOMY於2019年9月推出變形金剛 MASTER PIECE系列 MP45 大黃蜂 Ver.2,暫時知道附有人偶Figure、武器及Effect部件,售價達日圓13,000(未含稅), 會有什麼新玩法,留意我們日後報導。

TAGHOBBY get the updated news!! TAKARATOMY will release the TRANSFORMERS Master Piece Series MP45 Blublebee Ver.2.0 in Sep 2019. It include figure, weapon and effect part. We are very surprise for the price of ver.2.0 is 13,000 Yen (Not included tax).

マスターピース MP45 バンブルビー Ver.2.0

トランスフォーマーアニメ第一弾から登場したバンブルがマスターピースシリーズの完全アニメスタイル版「バ ンブルVer2.0」として新たに登場!
    ロボットスタイルはアニメで活躍したままのデザイン、カラーリング、プロポーションを再現している。関節稼 働が豊富なので、アニメの活躍ポーズが思いのまま!
    ビークルはフォルクスワーゲン監修。更にアニメ放映時に発売された玩具のデフォルメスタイル(チョロQスタ イル)を再現している。

1x バンブルVer2.0本体
    1x スパイクフィギュア
    1x ナンバープレート
    1x フェイスA
    1x フェイスB
    1x エフェクトパーツ
    1xシール
    1x カード
    1x 取扱説明書
    Rough translation:

Masterpiece MP 45 Bumblebee Ver.2.0

Bumble that appeared from the first Transformers Anime cartoon appeared as a completely animated style version of "Mampiece Series" "Bumble Ver 2.0"!
    Robot style reproduces the design, coloring and proportions that are active in animation. Since the joint operation is abundant, the active pose of animation remains as it is!
    Vehicle is supervised by Volkswagen. Furthermore, it reproduced the deformed style (Choro Q style) of the toy which was released at the time of animation broadcasting.

1x Bumble Ver 2.0 body
    1x spike figure
    1 x license plate
    1 x Face A
    1 x Face B
    1x Effect Parts
    1 x Seal
    1 x card
    1 x Owner's Manual
    If the RRP really is 13,000 yen, then Hound is probably going to cost $200+!