Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32424748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Well, if Superior Foes of Spider-Man isn't one of the funniest, highest quality books on the market I'll... I'll... I'll do nothing because I won't tolerate lying, and anyone who holds this view is a liar, good sirs!

Picked up the first trade of Mega Man, too. Great fun. Wish the Robot Masters were that easy to defeat in the games. Possibly a little too fast paced, but I must see more. They're already seeding ongoing plots with mentions of Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Not enough answers though!! I was hoping for some discussion as to why/how a particular hero/villain is so powerful in their opinion.
    Mister Mxyzptlk! Can do anything he puts his mind to but may not be a villian in the true sense as he's usually been written as someone who is out to create mischief so he has never been taken too seriously. He's from the 5th dimension and there's a whole world of these guys so not excluded by the cosmic/godly criteria. His main weakness that's been written in is that he's too gullible beacause how hard is it not to say your name backwards especially when its Kltpzyxm! The Emperor Joker storyline where the Joker stole his powers shows just how powerful this character can be.

Not sure if this should've had it's own topic.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227001404525
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Not sure if this should've had it's own topic.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227001404525
    Were they replica firearms? If yes then add it to the MP5 thread!

Just finished reading all of Year 1 of Injustice: Gods Among Us (36 issues) and the first 22 issues of Year 2.

Wow - awesome comics! I'll write some of my fave stuff below but hide it in case of Spoilers:

The Joker tricking Superman into killing Lois and his unborn child along as well as blowing up Metropolis - freaking insane! Which is exactly what it does to Superman, he goes nuts and gradually takes over the world! Kills the Joker, kills Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary etc. Robin kills Nightwing. Wonder Woman kills (sorta) Captian Atom. I think my favorite part out of the whole thing is at the end of the first year of comics Alfred taking the super pill that makes everyone almost as strong as Superman and then proceeding to headbutt Superman, breaking Supermans nose - then beating the living shit out of him for hurting Batman. F'ing go Alfred! This comic seems to break every long standing staple in the DC universe - it's just, just brilliant! Cant wait to see what happens next, with Superman joining the Sinestro Corps!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just finished reading all of Year 1 of Injustice: Gods Among Us (36 issues) and the first 22 issues of Year 2.

Wow - awesome comics! I'll write some of my fave stuff below but hide it in case of Spoilers:

this was a book i enjoyed buying digitally until comixology changed the store/payment methods i dropped it with about 12 other books (Green and Red Lanterns so on so forth) due to the lack of ease to get them now.

it was great seeing what would happen if supes would loose it like he did.

i was thinking of pcking up a trade or two when they get released...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Today I finally completed my collection of Rom comics.

Dear DC fans
    How did you cope with the publisher rebooting continuity and throwing out decades of stories (except for the ones that sell well in bookstores)?
    From
    A Marvel fan

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Dear DC fans
    How did you cope with the publisher rebooting continuity and throwing out decades of stories (except for the ones that sell well in bookstores)?
    From
    A Marvel fan
    this kinda bugs me from marvel but I look forward to it as well, they did the marvel NOW soft reboot which did and didn't restart some stuff, I think there has been more misses of late with the titles and events

avx sucked
    original sin sucked
    axis sucked

iron man has been sucky
    avengers titles has mostly been one major crossover that is a slower burn then bbq coals

a reboot will be good to get rid of all those crap stories

but then there has been some good stuff Thor/Odinson what they have done with him has been good (couldn't care less about thor girl)
    Punisher has been good
    and the non earth based books have been good..

I am half intrigued to see what will happen
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    this kinda bugs me from marvel but I look forward to it as well, they did the marvel NOW soft reboot which did and didn't restart some stuff, I think there has been more misses of late with the titles and events

avx sucked
    original sin sucked
    axis sucked

iron man has been sucky
    avengers titles has mostly been one major crossover that is a slower burn then bbq coals

a reboot will be good to get rid of all those crap stories

but then there has been some good stuff Thor/Odinson what they have done with him has been good (couldn't care less about thor girl)
    Punisher has been good
    and the non earth based books have been good..

I am half intrigued to see what will happen
    The Marvel NOW relaunches didn't throw anything away though, just set up new status quos etc.

It's not a surprise, and it's obviously been coming since time broke and the incursions started. (I'm still wondering where the Exiles are as their whole job was preventing the destruction of the multiverse due to alternate realities going wrong. At least they, finally, covered that the Roma and the Captain Britain Corps were also paying attention to the incursions)

The thing about it that kinda bugs me is what I'd call the All Hail Megatron effect. Rather than creating new and interesting things, Marvel is trying to bring back the popular things. And when I say popular I mean, the things that were popular years ago (or elsewhere - like the movies and cartoons) and just do more of that rather than something original.

Some of the recent changes are stupid, sure I'd like to see Jubilee not be a vampire anymore, but that doesn't mean I want the X-Men Animated Series teenager back either but some have been good. I'm halfway through Superior Spider-Man and it's a really interesting new take on Spider-Man. Even though I know the ending, I'd like SpOck to hang around. But comics never change. Everything ends up reset to the familiar "safe" status quo eventually.

I've already moved my mindset away from a "gotta have them all" and I'll still pick up post Secret Wars stuff from the library and $1 comixology sales, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to buy new books.