Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese release of POTP toys from May 2018

Default POTP - Leader Listing BBTS

BBTS have listed both leader class wave 1 figures. Since I haven’t got the email announcement from them, I thought I would get the word out. Both at $64.95 with ETA in May.

Yeah they have been there a few weeks now as I preordered them. These are the Takara Tomy ones though. I’ve been waiting for the Hasbro versions to come up but nothing as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Yeah they have been there a few weeks now as I preordered them. These are the Takara Tomy ones though. I’ve been waiting for the Hasbro versions to come up but nothing as yet.
    That would explain why they are for May instead of DEC/JAN like the rest of wave 1.

Woah, didn’t realise was Takara release. I thought it was strange that has PP08 etc in description. $64.95 that’s pretty decent for a Takara release.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdobot View Post
    Woah, didn’t realise was Takara release. $64.95 that’s pretty decent for a Takara release.
    They look exactly the same as the Hasbro version unfortunately. (from what I have seen anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    They look exactly the same as the Hasbro version unfortunately. (from what I have seen anyway)
    Yeah they could just be placeholder images but if they don't show off some differences I'll just grab the Hasbro version locally.

I hope they are placeholder images.
    Or maybe they saw that the Movie toys were able to sell out (or sell quite well) in Japan without wasting any time or money altering them... so might not do it as much in future. Considering how well they were altering the Legends toys, with extra parts and remoulding on most of them, it would be a shame if they stop doing that, as it gives fans options for most toys.

On the other hand... one main reason why TakaraTomy usually adds colours or parts is because the Hasbro versions cut back on everything to make them cheaper/more profitable. So if the Hasbro versions are done "perfectly" with their colours and accessories, there wouldn't be any need for TakaraTomy to adjust them, as there would be nothing to fix on them.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So if the Hasbro versions are done "perfectly" with their colours and accessories, there wouldn't be any need for TakaraTomy to adjust them, as there would be nothing to fix on them.
    Ah but you will always have the argument of toy accurate vs cartoon accurate deco. Airing on the side of cartoon accuracy is the big reason I normally go with Takara. If it switched and Hasbro did cartoon accurate and Takara did toy accurate I'd buy Hasbro.

Takara haven't really touched many of the movie lines though as far as I've noticed.

Its wierd here in Japan. Transformers have such a small space in the toy section... I wonder if they are selling well or just not getting much stock in. I saw my first legends figires on shelf a couple of weeks ago since i found Harhead at the start.

I'm curious to see how they'll market potp here and if they're giving up or focussing on other lines.

As for the has v tt colouring debate, I'll personally choose which ever makes a better looking toy. Toy vs cartoon look be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ah but you will always have the argument of toy accurate vs cartoon accurate deco. Airing on the side of cartoon accuracy is the big reason I normally go with Takara. If it switched and Hasbro did cartoon accurate and Takara did toy accurate I'd buy Hasbro.
    I'm still unhappy with Hasbro's cartoon accurate POTP Swoop. The one time they don't do toy accurate!? The whole Dinobot team, including newbie Slash, will have a common colour theme apart from Diaclone colours Swoop.