Page 7 of 183 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    I don't know how bad the stress mark is, obviously, but you might be able to fix it with a little heat. A quick burst of heat from holding it near a lighter flame often fixes stresses cosmetically. Just don't go too long or too close.
    It's not too bad, and worth a shot. I'll give it a go and let you know if it works out. Cheers.

Edit: Well I managed to make the stress mark disappear for a second and then it reappeared in a different location as a circular mark. I guess we can call this attempt a failure. The mark is not quite as white, but a lot larger and the edges show traces of heat distortion. I think I got overeager when I noticed the stress mark retreating. I also slightly warped the plastic in a particularly thin area.
    Last edited by nofacej; 10th July 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    My Drift has two right shoulders

I didn't realise this until I put Drift next to my shattered glass Drift (who has no faults thankfully).

I was hoping it was just a matter of taking the arm off and turning the shoulder piece around but unfortunately the upper arm piece is molded inwards on one side so is not reversible....Grr!!
    Seems as though faults with this particular character are common, but why?? Maybe the trainee's were working that day
    That's quite a rare QC issue.

Maybe its worth posting that onto an American board like TFW2005 to see if anybody else unfortunately bought a Drift with two left shoulders!

Speaking of SG Drift, I hope yours came with both right and left-handed pistols, instead of a set of each?

Not a true vent, but I'll post here anyway...

Since I'm planning on meeting Miki Shinichiro this Saturday at Smash! I've been thinking about what I should get him to sign. I don't want him to sign my BW Inferno toy -- getting Neil Kaplan to sign RiD Optimus Prime was different because I also have Super Fire Convoy. I don't have any other version of Inferno to keep playing with if I get the other autographed. So I've decided to get him to sign the back of my BotCon 2002 Beast Wars Inferno postcard, because the reverse side of that card is mostly blank... like a postcard (funny that ). But that's fine...

But my dilemma is this: should I also get him to sign my Inferno trading card? Because if I do, I'll have Miki Shinichiro's signature obscuring the picture on the front. Also, I keep these cards in collectable sleeves in a folder.

The other alternative is this... I have a spare set of all these cards, MISB. Should I open this spare set, just to take out the Inferno card and have it signed, so I can display the autographed card and keep the non-autographed one as part of the main set??? As you can see, the dilemma is that once I do that, then I would significantly devalue the rest of that entire spare set because I'd obviously would want to keep that autographed card.

Oh, and also the cards are all blind packed (they look like this - 10 cards in each packet, but you don't know which ones are in which pack - but because I have a sealed boxload, it is a complete set)... so it would take me AGES to sort through each packet to find the Inferno card!

I'm currently erring toward the side of keeping the spare box sealed and just getting Miki Shinichiro to autograph my already opened Inferno card, and just slip it back into the folder sleeve. I mean, I got Julie White to autograph the page in my Transformers ROTF book (where it introduces the Witwickies on the page with Judy Witwicky's photo on it). And that autograph never gets to see the light of day unless I pull that book out... so if I go with this option then the same thing would happen to Miki Shinichiro's autograph -- it gets stored in a folder rather than out on display.

I could also take that card out and display it separately, but that'd leave a gap in my collection folder which would totally bug me. I'm far too OCD^retentive to do that sort of crazy thing!

Why not just get another Inferno toy somewhere down the track? Or if you still have the box, get that signed instead?

I wouldn't open your sealed set at any rate.

Why can't I get my HA Roadbusters shoulders to lock into place

Man I suck at transforming figures sometimes.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Why not just get another Inferno toy somewhere down the track?
    Ceebs to track down a toy on the aftermarket that I already own. Plus... shelf space. He's a fairly largish Mega after all.

Or if you still have the box, get that signed instead?
    omg... omg... okay, here'sa proper vent... I got Inferno/Formicula in 1998, at the time I was living with my folks. For some unknown reason, my dad chucked out Inferno's box into the recycling bin. I retrieved it and told him not to throw it out because I wanted to keep the box. Dad tells me that I'm being silly because it's just an empty cardboard box and who the hell collects those?? I told him that I wanted to keep it and asked him not to throw it out. Then of course, when I'm not home, he chucks it out again and the garbage gets collected. Partially my fault for leaving the box around the house and not sticking it in my bedroom with the rest of my collection.

I know this isn't anywhere near as bad as what some other people have experienced with their families either throwing out or giving away their toys (or collections)... and it hasn't even really bothered me since then until now tbh. But yeah... that's the story of what happened to my Inferno box!

I wouldn't open your sealed set at any rate.
    Yeah. I'm inclined to agree with you. I'll just get Miki to sign my already opened Inferno card and stick that in the folder. It'll end up like Julie White's autograph - only visible when I take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Why can't I get my HA Roadbusters shoulders to lock into place

Man I suck at transforming figures sometimes.
    HA HA.

(I don't collect HA, so I can't help you... just wanted to make a stupid pun )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ceebs to track down a toy on the aftermarket that I already own. Plus... shelf space. He's a fairly largish Mega after all.
    Still seems more viable to get a second one. Regarding shelf space, perhaps you can have one in Beast mode being ridden by the other?

As those who follow me on Twitter already know, a little while ago I opened my Hasbro MP Rodimus for the 1st time after owning him for nigh 8-9 months.
    Knowing that one needs to treat this figure like it's constructed of Japanese Rice Paper, I withdrew it from the plastic packaging material oh so delicately...

I was then presented with a figure whose arm had snapped at the left shoulder's ratcheting shaft, rendering the figure more or less FUBAR right out of the box.
    Thanks greatly to some retailing craftiness on the part of 1AZRAEL1, I've been lucky enough to have this issue rectified with a complete replacement figure - Now I really enjoy him.

It is really pleasing to know that the Chief Engineer behind the MP line in it's current state IS NOT the same one who executed this great looking but horribly flawed figure in MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus, be wary guys of this figure and also Note: If intending to open a figure, do so within a month of the initial purchase - It'll make life a lot easier.

I'm not on Twitter, but I heard the story from 1AZRAEL1 over our last TF Monopoly game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Note: If intending to open a figure, do so within a month of the initial purchase - It'll make life a lot easier.
    lol, I usually open a figure as soon as I get home! Almost all of my Transformers are purchased MISB/MOSC, but they only remain sealed for a few seconds after I get 'em home. Sometimes not... sometimes I just open them before I get home cos I can't wait! Many of my G1 toys were opened in shopping centres while waiting for my mum to finish the rest of her shopping... and I remember opening BW Depth Charge while standing in some queue for something at uni. Then there was United Grapple which I opened on the way to the airport (and got to play with him in flight )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    As those who follow me on Twitter already know, a little while ago I opened my Hasbro MP Rodimus for the 1st time after owning him for nigh 8-9 months.
    Knowing that one needs to treat this figure like it's constructed of Japanese Rice Paper, I withdrew it from the plastic packaging material oh so delicately...

I was then presented with a figure whose arm had snapped at the left shoulder's ratcheting shaft, rendering the figure more or less FUBAR right out of the box.
    Thanks greatly to some retailing craftiness on the part of 1AZRAEL1, I've been lucky enough to have this issue rectified with a complete replacement figure - Now I really enjoy him.

It is really pleasing to know that the Chief Engineer behind the MP line in it's current state IS NOT the same one who executed this great looking but horribly flawed figure in MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus, be wary guys of this figure and also Note: If intending to open a figure, do so within a month of the initial purchase - It'll make life a lot easier.
    Was it a first or second edition? I'm assuming first. But good to hear about the positive outcome
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain