Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

I'd like to be the first to open my Laserbeak. If there's any issues I'll contact TakaraTOMY.

Do i open my Rid Megatron? Someone get me excited to open him up lol
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!! He transforms into ten modes, and his swords can be used separately or combine into a double-bladed sabre like Darth Maul (AND they can shoot out like missiles!). Not all the modes are great, but some of them are decent. The dragon mode is my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    !!!!!!!YES!!!!!!! He transforms into ten modes, and his swords can be used separately or combine into a double-bladed sabre like Darth Maul (AND they can shoot out like missiles!). Not all the modes are great, but some of them are decent. The dragon mode is my favourite.
    6 modes :P he is the megs not the re-tooled galvy
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    6 modes :P he is the megs not the re-tooled galvy
    There's no retooling.

Originally you had Car Robot Gigatron who can only transform into 6 modes. Then they released Devil Gigatron who was retooled to transform into 10 modes. When Hasbro did Robots In Disguise, they took the Devil Gigatron mould and used it for _both_ Megatron and Galvatron. Megatron was marketed as having 6 modes and Galvatron marketed as having 10, but in reality BOTH can transform into all 10 modes because they're the same exact mould. The only retooling Hasbro did to this toy was rounded off the tips of the missiles.

Do it Kalel...the claw/hand mode ftw!!!

There's no retooling.

Originally you had Car Robot Gigatron who can only transform into 6 modes. Then they released Devil Gigatron who was retooled to transform into 10 modes. When Hasbro did Robots In Disguise, they took the Devil Gigatron mould and used it for _both_ Megatron and Galvatron. Megatron was marketed as having 6 modes and Galvatron marketed as having 10, but in reality BOTH can transform into all 10 modes because they're the same exact mould. The only retooling Hasbro did to this toy was rounded off the tips of the missiles.
    That's really interesting. I skipped on the mould the first time but am really interested in the Botcon 2005 Deathsaurus release. Would you know if that mould is also able to transform into all ten modes?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That's really interesting. I skipped on the mould the first time but am really interested in the Botcon 2005 Deathsaurus release. Would you know if that mould is also able to transform into all ten modes?
    I've never seen Deathsaurus IRL myself, but according to TFwiki:
    "Deathsaurus's mold was originally a ten-changer, though the "gargoyle"/bat mode was neutered for this release due to the dropping of the bat snout piece, required to give his new head enough space inside his chest cavity for other modes. He still retains the other nine modes (robot, dragster, jet, two-headed dragon, hand, mammoth, hydrofoil, one-headed dragon, and winged griffin). His instructions, however, assign him the six modes of the original RID Megatron, including the gargoyle and omitting the boat, griffin, mammoth and flying dragon. His tail-piece was removed for in-box storage, but easily popped back on since it's on a ball-and-socket joint."

I've never seen Deathsaurus IRL myself, but according to TFwiki:
    "Deathsaurus's mold was originally a ten-changer, though the "gargoyle"/bat mode was neutered for this release due to the dropping of the bat snout piece, required to give his new head enough space inside his chest cavity for other modes. He still retains the other nine modes (robot, dragster, jet, two-headed dragon, hand, mammoth, hydrofoil, one-headed dragon, and winged griffin). His instructions, however, assign him the six modes of the original RID Megatron, including the gargoyle and omitting the boat, griffin, mammoth and flying dragon. His tail-piece was removed for in-box storage, but easily popped back on since it's on a ball-and-socket joint."
    Thanks, Gok

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Don't do it!!! Buy a loose one to *ahem* play with. He displays so well in the box. Admittedly he is a good one to play with too although I no longer have a loose one just one securely tucked away in his sealed home where he should be