Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Is there a real truck piece on that robot mode, anywhere, aside from the stacks?
    Seems like with version 3, TT has a more animation model accurate bot mode but sacrificed animation accurate transformation in the process.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Seems like with version 3, TT has a more animation model accurate bot mode but sacrificed animation accurate transformation in the process.
    So will we get version 4 that is 100% accurate for the 40th anniversary

Well...to be fair neither MP1 nor MP10 were 100% animation accurate in transformation, but clearly V3 has thrown it out the door.

The more I look at it the more I like, and I’m sure the final coloured pics will make it even more appealing.

If anything, I might get this simply to display alongside the previous versions to show the evolution of the series.

I guess I'm whelmed.

I am surprised, given the amount of hate a deluxe like generations ironhide/ratchet received for transformation panel lines that hardly anyone has even appeared to flinch at this.

the same goes for the level of complexity of recent Masterpiece moulds, when the comparative simplicity of the lambos and datsuns was praised as the greatest development in the line since it started.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I guess I'm whelmed.

I am surprised, given the amount of hate a deluxe like generations ironhide/ratchet received for transformation panel lines that hardly anyone has even appeared to flinch at this.

the same goes for the level of complexity of recent Masterpiece moulds, when the comparative simplicity of the lambos and datsuns was praised as the greatest development in the line since it started.
    I don't mind complex transformations where it's necessary.

But yeah, simplicity is not a design fault, it's the result of refinement. MP Laserwave is one of my favorite MPs so far.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I don't mind complex transformations where it's necessary.

But yeah, simplicity is not a design fault, it's the result of refinement. MP Laserwave is one of my favorite MPs so far.
    Yeah I hate a lot of movieverse and similar era toys that seemed to be complex for complexities sake. It's fine to be complex when needed, but simplicity is something I prefer to a large degree.

I like both, simplicity and complexity, especially if it's elegant.

I thought I really liked the Inferno/Grapple mould but I transformed Grapple back to truck mode last night and found it more fiddly than I expected. a lot of the vehicle mode seems to just hold itself together.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I guess I'm whelmed.

I was reading the thread on TFW at lunch and there seems to be a lot more consternation about that there than on here.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the gun could be a bit beefier but overall this beats the 3P one that is also making an mp optimus.

waiting on colour and price.