Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015

Default Transformers Hall of Fame 2015

So with Botcon on it's way soon I'm wondering who Ozformers think should go into the Hall of Fame this year.
    Here is the list of current past inductees at TF Wikihttp://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Hall_of_Fame

I think it's great that Dinobot was put in the first year among some of the true legends and we have two other Beast Wars Characters with the rest G1 in the following years.

I would love to see Sky Byte go in, his character is so good in the Rid cartoon, comedic evil Predacon with a soft heart.
    A haiku in support of him going in.

Sky Byte the great shark
    Funny evil predacon
    Hall of fame this year
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I dunno, I kinda lost interest in 2011 when they put Michael Bay and Steven Speilberg in - way to suck up Hasbro

At least now they are all fan picked. If I had to vote I'd vote for:

Devestator
    Jetfire
    Bruticus
    Kup
    Frank Welker

Yeah putting Bay and Speilberg is a major suck up.

I was thinking since the passing of Leonard Nimoy he would be a good posthumous inductee, and yes Welker needs to go in for sure.

Hey BTT I listened to your radio thing where you won. I absolutely despise commercial radio but your five minutes was extremely funny and entertaining.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

We certainly need more humans inducted, as Hasbro have burnt through the most iconic characters now, so people aren't as passionate if most of their favourites are already in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I was thinking since the passing of Leonard Nimoy he would be a good posthumous inductee, and yes Welker needs to go in for sure.
    Damn - cant believe I didn't think of that! Change my vote to Nimoy 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Hey BTT I listened to your radio thing where you won. I absolutely despise commercial radio but your five minutes was extremely funny and entertaining.
    Thanks man, that's nice of ya Wanted either laughs or the cash so was happy to get both I actually hate commercial radio too, I only listen to cds or JJJ when driving but my gf at the time was a FoxFM fan and urged me to enter that comp

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We certainly need more humans inducted, as Hasbro have burnt through the most iconic characters now, so people aren't as passionate if most of their favourites are already in.
    True. I was looking at the previous Decepticon winners and the big 4 were already there (Megs, Screamer, Shock & Sound) so was having to think who else I would want in rather than it being an automatic response. But besides Welker & Nimoy I cant think of any other humans that I would want to vote for that aren't already in there (Cullen, Furman etc)

For characters I feel like most of the iconic G1 characters have already been indicted. So my choices are from my favourite era of transformers, the beast era.
    Optimus Primal deserves a spot in the HOF after everything he achieved over beast wars and beast machines. Having been thrust into the role of leadership and taking on a charismatic tyrant like megatron he not only saved Cybertron from Megatron's rule but saved he Optimus Prime and the fabric of time itself. Not to mention bringing about a new techno-organic age to Cybertron.
    Then there's Rattrap just as a character I like (and my first toy) plus playing roles in the beast era and now also IDW he deserves a spot.

For humans
    David Kaye: being one of the only people to have played both an Optimus and a Megatron and also providing several popular character voices (like lugnut for example) he deserves a spot. And clearly he loves having played Megatron. Why else would he record megatron Christmas carols every year?
    James Roberts: for being the mastermind writer of some of the most popular pieces of transformers fiction ever (LSotW and MTMTE)
    And a posthumous spot for Leonard Nimoy

Leonard Nimoy? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Leonard Nimoy? Really?
    Totally! He did the voice for the main and most interesting bad guy in two TF movies 25 years apart! Freakin legend!

There are bigger real human names in the TF world admittedly, but besides Welker all the ones I can think of that I'd like to see as a fan have already been done

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    True. I was looking at the previous Decepticon winners and the big 4 were already there (Megs, Screamer, Shock & Sound) so was having to think who else I would want in rather than it being an automatic response. But besides Welker & Nimoy I cant think of any other humans that I would want to vote for that aren't already in there (Cullen, Furman etc)
    Nimoy is a bit of a knee-jerk at the moment, but including him is like including Spielberg, as it is a big name but has had limited involvement compared to other people in that area (in the case of voice acting, Nimoy was two short roles, while there are dozens of VAs who have done more for Transformers over the 30 years).

This was a list of people I think should have some acknowledgement that I posted up on TFW for "Pete's topic", noting that some polarising/infamous people here shouldn't win a fan-vote or be inducted, but should be recognised as a catalyst at one time that was instrumental for the rise of popularity of the Brand to the point that we wouldn't get to the point of having Movies if they hadn't been involved with the Brand.

Frank Welker (one would expect him be inducted soon, being equally, or more significant to the Brand and fandom than existing inductees Peter Cullen and Chris Latta, because he brought to life by voice, more iconic characters than those two combined),
    Aaron Archer (creator of the Unicron Trilogy era),
    Eric Siebenaler (designer of Animated & Classics toys),
    More of the TakaraTomy toy engineers, especially current ones like Kobayashi, Hasui and Yuki (but too many to mention... they are the brilliant minds who do the hard work of creating/engineering all the parts for the convertible toys from Hasbro concept drawings, but Hasbro people are the ones most known and credited - so this would be a great way to make them more well known in the fandom and get the credit they deserve),
    Derrick Wyatt (creator of Animated),
    Bob Forward & Larry Ditillio (writers/creators of much of Beast Wars & the first official people to interact with fans during their run that led to fans shaping the direction of the series with Gen1 references and taking on Furman and Yee in the 3rd season),
    Don Figueroa (War Within story and designs spawned toys and an ongoing "Cybertronian" Style since then),
    Other long term or iconic artists (like Andrew Wildman, Geoff Senior, etc.),
    John Barber (driving vision for almost a decade of Transformers comics),
    Pat Lee (unfortunately, he was a catalyst for the pre-Movie surge of popularity in the Brand by the general public with their record-breaking comics, justifying the investment in a live-action movie... so should be recognised with a nomination, but NOT be inducted),
    Jon & Karl Hartman (for creating the legacy of BotCon),
    Glen Hallit (despite how it ended, he was still a driving element of BotCon's middle-era expansion and it's success in the fandom during those years),
    Brian Savage (good or bad, his company kept BotCon alive after 3H),
    Pete Sinclair (the Transformers fan on staff during the FunPub era, responsible for much of the last 10 years story and toys/characters),
    Ben Yee & Dave Van Domelon (the people who helped get the "trukk not munky" fandom to accept Beast Wars in 1995/1996),
    Greg Lombardo (the face of Hasbro to the fans during much of the FunPub BotCon era),
    Raksha (for bringing balance to the allegiances when the fandom was almost all pro-Autobot in the early years of the online fandom, before Beast Wars).

Unfortunately, some of those are now almost mythical in the fandom as being long gone in the fandom... but still should be recognised for what they've done or contributed to Transformers and/or the Fandom, even if it is like "posthumously".

Frank Welker.

He is well overdue and should have been inducted with or quickly after Peter Cullen.
    Most of my fave Transformers are already inducted so I don't really mind who gets put up in terms of bots.