Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to open a carded toy without damaging the card

I intentionally leave some plastic so that it can hold the comic in place. The cards themselves are quite dull to me since they lack individual card art on the front, so I just leave the comics there. I've already read them all long before I get the toy anyway. The only one that I felt compelled to remove and read (and then put back) was Trailcutter's, because I was curious to see and compare some of the changes that they'd made. But otherwise, I just read my original IDW issues from the comic book store -- the pack-in comics are just for display.

Am I the only one who leave the bubble still connected? I try and keep the bubble in place so that it I ever want to put the bot back into the bubble its not an issue. I use a pocketknife and slide around the bubble other then on one edge which flaps open and I can remove the bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Am I the only one who leave the bubble still connected? I try and keep the bubble in place so that it I ever want to put the bot back into the bubble its not an issue. I use a pocketknife and slide around the bubble other then on one edge which flaps open and I can remove the bot.
    I do that for TT products except you just need to cut the tape as they don't use glue. I am considering throwing the bubbles tho, taking up to much space.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yeah, I don't have the space to keep bubbles. They're just holding air. I chuck the bubbles out in the recycling bin and file the cards away. I typically flatten boxes, but even that's taking up too much space now and I'm just chucking out most boxes.

I use them as packing if I'm shipping stuff, they are designed to be low weight high strength packing, great for filling awkward spaces in a shipping box.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yeah I don't even flatten boxes! I pack my boxes in bigger boxes and store them under the house. There are a lot of boxes under the house now! I can't accurately count them but I do know I'm running out of space fast haha.

I spent the evening getting rid of the bubble from carded figures. I also found I had some TT TFTM, ROTF and DOTM boxes and card that I don't normally keep because it's not very Japanese. Getting rid of all that has emptied 2 large tubs and 3 large BBTS boxes. Thanks for making this thread and giving me the push I need to do that Gok. After I get all that in the recycling I'll tackle the bubble from boxed figures. Takara Legends is already taking up to much space with it's boxes, lol.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.